This week’s best travel bargains around the globe.
● The Sonesta Maho Beach Resort & Casino (family-friendly) and Sonesta Great Bay Beach Resort, Casino & Spa (adults-only), both all-inclusives in St. Maarten, are offering free nights and resort credits. Book at least three nights at Sonesta Maho and receive the third night free, plus $300 resort credits that break down to $50 each for the spa, dinner, the manager’s wine list and the gift shop. In addition, kids ages 12 and younger stay free and ages 13 to 17 pay $45 per day. At Sonesta Great Bay, book at least four nights and receive the fourth night free, plus $300 in resort credits: $100 for the spa and $50 each for wine, dinner, WiFi and the gift shop. Prices vary. For example, three nights in mid-July in Sonesta Maho’s superior room costs $864 for two adults, including taxes, a savings of $432. Four nights in Sonesta Great Bay’s serenity island-view room costs $1,386 for two, a savings of $462. Book by July 31; travel by Sept. 15. Use promo code SP50AI. Info: 800-766-3782, www.sonesta.com/mahobeach or www.sonesta.com/greatbay.
● Seven Downtown Disney resort hotels in Florida are offering discounted rates to first responders through Sept. 30. The special rates are available to U.S. law enforcement officers, firefighters, emergency medical technicians, doctors and nurses with proper ID. Rates range from $75 a night at Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa (normally from $125) to $109 per suite at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton (usually $129). Add 12.5 percent taxes. Other participating hotels include the new B Resort, Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel, Holiday Inn Orlando-Lake Buena Vista, Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista and Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort. The hotels are in the Orlando/Lake Buena Vista area. Info: www.downtowndisney
hotels.com or bit.ly/Sbi1vS.
● Preferred Hotel Group is offering summer savings of up to 35 percent or a free night at 131 hotels and resorts in 40 countries. For example, save 30 percent at the Sparkling Hill Resort in Vernon, British Columbia; rate for a weekday night in late August is now about $294, including $38 tax, a savings of about $127. Or get the third night free at Casa de Campo in the Dominican Republic; rate in early August starts at $960, including tax, a savings of about $480. The promo, which is based on availability, is good for stays through Sept. 30 in the Caribbean, North America and South America, and through Sept. 10 in all other locations. Request code MKTAMSS. Info: 866-990-9491, www.preferred
● Save thousands on a 10-day Classic Antarctica cruise with Abercrombie & Kent. Book by July 31 and save 20 percent on select two-room suites or $2,500 per person on Category 1-3 staterooms. Solo travelers also save up to $3,000 on single supplements. For example, a classic balcony stateroom (Category 1) now starts at $9,995 per person double (down from $12,495); the single supplement costs an extra $5,750 (vs. $6,250). The total price, including taxes and internal airfare ($830 each), is $21,650 for two travelers. The trip starts in Buenos Aires, where cruisers fly round trip to the cruise port in Ushuaia, Argentina. Info: 800-554-7016, www.abercrombiekent.com.
● Windstar Cruises has launched a Fourth of July sale on select 2014 and 2015 sailings, with discounts of up to 76 percent off brochure rates. The promo extends to 56 voyages in the South Pacific, Europe, Asia and the Caribbean. For example, the seven-night Black Sea Tapestry cruise sailing round trip from Istanbul on Sept. 8 now starts at $2,276 per person double; brochure rate was $8,099. Deadline to book is July 11. Info: 866-815-9204, www.windstarcruises.com.
● Frontier Airlines is offering introductory fares on its new nonstop service between Washington Dulles and Charlotte, which begins Aug. 20. Price starts at $77 round trip, including taxes, for select departures through Nov. 19; fare on other airlines starts at $199 round trip. Book by July 7 at www.flyfrontier.com.
● TourCrafters is offering a deal on its seven-night tour of Rome and Florence, Italy. Price of $1,259 per person double (plus about $130 taxes) applies to select November and December departures; priced separately, the trip would cost about $254 more per person. The trip includes airfare from New York’s JFK to Rome, with return from Florence; four nights’ lodging at Hotel Rome Garden; three nights at Hotel Meridiana in Florence; an economy-class train ticket from Rome to Florence; and daily breakfasts. Trip must be booked and paid in full by Aug. 28. Info: 800-482-5995, www.tourcrafters.com.
Submit travel deals to email@example.com. Prices were verified at press time Thursday, but deals sell out and availability is not guaranteed. Some restrictions may apply.