This week’s best travel bargains around the globe.
● With Vacations by Rail, celebrate the Rocky Mountaineer’s 25th anniversary with perks worth up to $2,500 per couple. Book a Rocky Mountaineer package (GoldLeaf or SilverLeaf service) of at least seven nights by Aug. 31 and select from one of three special options. For example, with Life of Luxury, book a coastal package or Circle Journey and receive upgraded hotels worth $2,500 (Gold) or up to $325 (Silver). With To Dine For, receive a free dinner at your first hotel, plus free hotel breakfasts (valued at up to $985 or $600, respectively). And with Relax and Stay, receive one or two extra nights in Seattle or Vancouver ($835 or $360 value). Prices vary. For example, the nine-day Canadian Rockies Getaway (Silver level), which travels round trip from Vancouver, costs $9,617 per couple for 2015 departures starting April 27. Price includes four days aboard the Rocky Mountaineer train; eight nights in a hotel; tours including Icefields Parkway, Banff and Yoho Park; summit helicopter “flightseeing”; admission to Vancouver Lookout; rail station transfers; national parks pass; four train meals; and taxes. Info: 877-929-7245. www.vacationsbyrail.com.
● Mission Point Resort, a lakefront property on Michigan’s Mackinac Island, is offering a Pure Michigan Package through Oct. 19. Rates start at $484 double and include two nights’ accommodations; daily breakfast; two-hour bike rental; admission to the Tower Museum and the Richard and Jane Manoogian Art Museum; round of golf; round-trip ferry tickets on the Star Line (all of the above for two people); $100 food and beverage credit; and taxes and fees. Two-night minimum stay required. Info: 800-833-7711, www.missionpoint.com.
● Buttermilk Falls Inn & Spa in New York’s Hudson Valley is offering a Summer Sojourn package with room discounts of 25 percent. Stay at least two nights Sunday through Thursday, until Aug. 27. Prices vary. For example, two nights in the Rook’s Nest cottage in mid-
August is now $634, including taxes and fees — a savings of $212. The deal also includes lunch for two (valued at about $40) and 25 percent off one spa treatment per person. Rate includes breakfast and afternoon tea. Info:
● Adventures on the Gorge is offering two-for-one prices on Labor Day rafting trips on West Virginia’s Upper or Lower New River. For the all-day outings on Sept. 1, two guests pay $139 (plus about $22 taxes and fees), a savings of about $70. The trips include transportation to the river, rafting equipment, lunch and professional guides. Info: 855-379-8738, www.adventuresonthegorge.com/deals/2-for-1-labor-day-rafting.
● Air New Zealand is offering sale fares to the South Pacific’s Cook Islands. The nonstop fare from Los Angeles to Rarotonga is $840 round trip, with taxes; other airlines charge from $1,870. Add-on airfare from Washington Dulles is also available. The round-trip fare from Washington starts at $1,256; fare on other airlines starts at $3,028. Fly Aug. 10-Nov. 16 and Jan. 11-25. Nonstop flights depart Los Angeles on Sundays and return on Saturdays. Some dates are sold out. Book by July 30 at www.airnewzealand.com.
● Southwest has a sale on flights to destinations around the United States and Puerto Rico. For example, from BWI Marshall, round-trip fares with taxes start at $164 to Columbus (normally about $200), $246 to New Orleans and $298 to San Juan (airlines are matching). Sale also applies to flights from Reagan National. Book by July 31; travel on select days Aug. 25-Dec. 17 (by Dec. 11 for Puerto Rico). Info: www.southwest.com.
● Gate 1 Travel is offering savings of up to $250 on its escorted Classic Ecuador & Amazon Adventure tour. The discounted price starts at $1,299 per person double and includes round-trip airfare from Miami to Quito, Ecuador; eight nights’ accommodations in six locations, with two nights in Casa del Suizo, an Amazon lodge; 18 meals; motor coach transport; tours; airport transfers; and taxes. Airfare from Washington to Miami, priced separately, starts at about $210 round trip. Lowest prices and the $250 discount (use promo code WPEA250) apply to select 2014 departures; a $200 discount (promo code WPEA200) applies to 2015 departures. Book by July 28. Info: 800-682-3333, www.gate1travel.com.
Submit travel deals to firstname.lastname@example.org. Prices were verified Thursday afternoon when the Travel section went to press, but deals sell out and availability is not guaranteed. Restrictions such as blackout dates and advance purchase may apply.