This week’s best travel bargains around the globe.
● The Waldorf Astoria Panama is offering a Panama Canal Package to commemorate the canal’s 100th anniversary. The deal starts at $380 for two travelers (plus 10 percent tax) and includes accommodations at the upscale Panama City hotel, breakfast buffet, WiFi (normally $15) and a five-hour Panama Canal transit tour (normally about $135 each), with transportation to/from the Miraflores Visitor Center. In addition, dine at one of the onsite restaurants and receive a free Bishop cocktail. Two-night minimum required. Book and stay by Dec. 31. Info: 800-WALDORF, www.waldorfastoriapanama.com.
● Broadway Week returns Sept. 1–14 with two-for-one tickets to more than 20 shows in NYC. Performances include “Cabaret.” “Jersey Boys,” “Kinky Boots,” “Matilda the Musical” and “Once.” Prices vary. For example, tickets for “Matilda” typically start at $137 each; “Wicked” runs from $124. Sale starts at 10:30 a.m. Aug. 18 at nycgo.com/broadwayweek.●
● ●Norwegian Cruise Line is offering an all-inclusive deal on 2015 cruises. The promo includes a 10 percent discount on the cruise fare; the ultimate dining package, with access to select specialty restaurants; the ultimate beverage package, including beer, soda and select spirits and wines; prepaid gratuities; shore excursion credits of $100 to $200 per person; 20 photos; 250-minute Internet package; bottled water; bottle of wine; chocolate-covered strawberries; and three Bingo games. The deal applies to cruises ranging from three to 14 days. Prices vary. For example, a seven-night Eastern Caribbean cruise departing Miami on Jan. 10 starts at $1,545 per person double, including taxes. Promo does not apply to Hawaii cruises. Book by Aug. 29 and request promo code ALLIN. Info: 866-234-7350, www.ncl.com/
● ●LAN and TAM airlines have discounted premium- and business-class fares by up to 36 percent. The deal applies to destinations in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador and Peru. For example, fly LAN premium class from New York to Quito, Ecuador, from $999, including tax — a 16 percent savings. Fly TAM business class from New York to Rio from $2,999, with tax — a 26 percent savings. Book by Aug. 25; depart starting Sept. 1 and return by Dec. 15. Other restrictions apply. Info: 866-435-9526, www.lan.com, www.tamairlines.com.
●Frontier is offering sale fares on nonstop flights from Washington Dulles to 14 destinations throughout the United States. Starting dates vary by city (the earliest departure date is Aug. 20); complete travel by Sept. 30. For example, nonstop service to St. Louis begins Sept. 9, with fares from $110 round trip, including taxes; fare is normally from about $300. Nonstop service to St. Augustine, Fla., starts Sept. 8, with fares from $92 round trip. Sale fares are not valid Aug. 28, Sept. 1 or on Friday or Sunday flights. Book by Aug. 18 at www.flyfrontier.com.
● Save $200 on five new international itineraries from VBT Bicycling and Walking Vacations. The 2015 walking and cycling tours go to South Africa, China, Italy, eastern Germany and Germany/Austria/Czech Republic. For example, the 12-day Cycling South Africa: Cape Town & the Garden Route now starts at $4,795 per person double and includes round-trip air from Washington Dulles to Cape Town, with return air from George; nine nights in four-star hotels and guesthouses; 23 meals; use of a bike and helmet; two trip leaders plus full van support; welcome reception with wine and hors d’oeuvres; sightseeing and cultural activities with park entry fees; and taxes. Several departures in January-March and October-December. Book by Oct. 15. Use promo code VBT1501. Info: 800-245-3868, vbt.com.
●Stay for at least seven nights at Turtle Island, a luxury private-island resort in Fiji, and receive one free airfare from Los Angeles to Nadi, one round-trip seaplane flight from Nadi to Turtle Island, a lodging upgrade and a spa credit. The airfare is valued at up to $2,000, the upgrade to a grand bure is worth $420 a night, and the credit at the new Vonu Spa is $500. After discounts, a couple pays $2,079 a night; price includes all meals, drinks, activities, personal concierge and taxes. Flights for second traveler are extra and must be purchased through the resort; price varies by season. Travel Oct. 6 through Dec. 19, Jan. 12 through April 4, and April 21 through June 19. Book by Aug. 31. Info: 800-255-4347, www.
Submit travel deals to firstname.lastname@example.org . Prices were verified at press time Thursday, but deals sell out and availability is not guaranteed. Restrictions such as blackout dates and advance purchase may apply.