This week’s best travel bargains around the globe.
● Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort in northwest Florida has a free-night offer for Labor Day and beyond. With the Picture Perfect Labor Day Getaway, pay for two nights and get the third free. A three-day stay in a Luau studio for two people over Labor Day weekend comes to $173 per night (normally $259), including fees and taxes. Book using promo code FREE3; travel by Feb. 28. Info: 800-622-1038, www.sandestin.com.
● Book by Aug. 24 and save $175 on an Earthwatch Expedition. The deal applies to standard-duration volunteer projects (not valid on one-day or weekend projects), such as researching elephant behavior in Thailand, monitoring pandas in China and digging for Roman ruins in England. For example, the seven-day Mammals of Nova Scotia trip, with two departures in September and more in 2013, starts at $1,720 with the discount. Price includes lodging, meals and research materials. Use code WP2013MARMOT when booking. Info: 800-776-0188, www.earthwatch.org/expedition.
● Cunard has a sale on the Nov. 20 t rans-Atlantic crossing of the Queen Mary 2 from Southampton, England, to New York. Inside staterooms start at $695 per person double, down from $795. Add $84 in fees and taxes. Book by Aug. 20. Info: 800-728-6273, www.cunard.com.
● With Air Tahiti Nui, pay the same fare to fly from Washington to Tahiti as you would to fly from Los Angeles, a savings of more than $650. The 18 Cities, One Price promotion, which celebrates the airline’s new code-share agreement with American, covers 18 U.S. airports, including Washington Dulles and Reagan National. Destinations include Papeete, Bora Bora, Moorea and Rangiroa. For example, the flight from Washington to Papeete starts at $1,489 round trip and includes taxes and a free stopover in Los Angeles. Book Aug. 28 to Sept. 12 for travel Nov. 1 to Dec. 4. Info: 877-824-4846, www.airtahitinui-usa.com.
● Turkish Airlines is offering sale fares from Washington Dulles to several cities in the Middle East and Africa. Sample round-trip fares, with taxes: to Dubai, from $899 (other airlines charge from $1,100); to Alexandria, Egypt, from $899 (vs. from $1,030); to Casablanca, from $899 (vs. $999); to Amman, Jordan, from $799; and to Doha, Qatar, from $800. Book Aug. 20 through Sept. 20; travel Sept. 20 through Dec. 10 or Jan. 10 through March 10, 2013. Info: 800-874-8875, www.turkishairlines.com/en-us.
● International Expeditions is throwing in free flights and tossing out the single supplemen t on two departures of its 10-night tour of the Peruvian Amazon. The Sept. 7 and Oct. 5 trips start at $3,898 per person double or single (a savings of $1,749 in single supplement fees). Price includes round-trip air from Miami to Lima, and Lima to Iquitos, Peru (valued at $1,500); seven nights aboard the 24-guest Aquamarina; daily naturalist-guided excursions; most meals; transfers; pre-cruise accommodations at Lima’s Swissotel; post-trip dayroom; and tours of Colonial Lima and Iquitos. The company is also offering free air on the Nov. 9 trip and is waiving the single supplement fee on the Dec. 28 departure. Info: 800-234-9620, www.ietravel.com.
Submit travel deals to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your phone number and e-mail address. Prices were verified Thursday afternoon when the Travel section went to press, but deals sell out and availability is not guaranteed. Restrictions such as blackout dates and advance purchase may apply.