This week’s best travel bargains around the globe.
● The new Sofitel So Bangkok hotel, which opened near Lumpini Park on Feb. 28, is welcoming guests with some free spending money. The 80 Dollars, 80 Days deal offers a nightly credit of $80 per room for the first 80 days after its opening. (So you don’t have to do the math: May 18.) The credit can be used at the property’s two restaurants, chocolate boutique, two bars and spa. Rooms start at $165 a night, plus about 18 percent taxes. Info: 800-SOFITEL (763-4835), www.sofitel.com.
● Rail Europe has a two-for-one deal on Swiss rail passes. Buy a Swiss Saver four-day pass and receive a companion pass for free. The pass covers unlimited travel on the Swiss Travel system, including trains, buses and boats, plus free admission to more than 400 museums. With the deal, two passengers pay $254 total, including taxes, for second-class travel (normally $508) and $404 for first class ($808). Book by May 25; travel April 1 to May 31. Info: 800-622-8600, www.raileurope.com.
● SkyTeam, the 15-member airline alliance that includes Air France, KLM and Delta, recently launched the Go Africa Pass, which saves travelers up to 75 percent on flights within Africa. Flights are on Kenya Airways, which serves 45 destinations in 36 countries, including Johannesburg; Dar es Salaam, Tanzania; and Cairo. To qualify for the pass, you must book international air to Africa through a SkyTeam member and reserve your first flight within Africa at least three days before your international departure. Also required: a minimum of three flight coupons (or flight segments) and a maximum of 16. Fares are based on the number of miles flown nonstop. For example, with the pass, pay $1,041, including taxes, to fly from Johannesburg to Nairobi to Kigali, Rwanda, to Bujumbura, Burundi; the usual fare is $1,683. Reserve through a SkyTeam member (www.skyteam.com).
● Southwest has a sale on spring flights to Florida. For example, fly from BWI Marshall to Panama City Beach for $202 round trip, including taxes. By comparison, Delta’s fare starts at about $225. Book by March 19; travel March 13 to June 6. Info: 800-435-9792, www.southwest.com.
● Lindblad Expeditions and National Geographic are offering free international air fare and discounts of up to $500 per person on select 2012 Arctic itineraries. For example, on the 13-day Impressions of Northern Norway voyage, departing July 13, pay $9,490 per person double, including taxes (down from $9,990), plus receive free round-trip air from New York to Oslo (normally about $1,210). Trips are on the 148-passenger National Geographic Explorer and feature a National Geographic photographer and photo instructor. For all offers, book by March 31. Info: 800-397-3348, www.expeditions.com.
● With Goway Travel, save up to 30 percent on an 11-day package to Namibia, plus take off $50 per person if you book by March and travel by July. The Namibian Discovery tour starts at $4,491 per person double and includes round-trip air from Washington (all three airports) to Windhoek; 10 nights in such lodgings as the Twyfelfontein Country Lodge in the Twyfelfontein Uibasen Conservancy and the Namib Naukluft Lodge on a private nature reserve; many meals; motorcoach transportation and guides; game drives; and all taxes. The itinerary covers such destinations as Etosha National Park, Damaraland, Swakopmund and Sossusvlei. Various departures through October. For the extra savings, use code 120442. By comparison, air alone starts at $1,500, and lodgings, in-country transportation and guide add to up about $4,200. Info: 800-557-2841, www.goway.com.
● Virgin Vacations has discounted select departures of its nine-day Inca Special trip to Peru. For example, the May 6 package costs $1,929 per person double and includes round-trip air from Washington Dulles to Lima, internal flights, transfers, eight nights in three-star hotels, nine meals, sightseeing via motorcoach, guides and entrance fees. Price increases by $100 per person in June. Info: 888-937-8474, www.virgin-vacations.com.
Submit travel deals to email@example.com. Prices were verified at press time Thursday, but deals sell out and availability is not guaranteed. Some restrictions may apply.