What’s the Deal? This week’s best travel bargains around the globe.
By Carol Sottili and Andrea Sachs,
What’s the Deal?
This week’s best travel bargains around the globe
● To celebrate its June 1 reopening, the Attwater, a historic hotel in Newport, R.I., will offer a 20/20/20 package. Through June 20, the property will d iscount rooms by 20 percent and give each room a $20 gift card to a local restaurant and $20 off the next stay. Discounted rates start at $143 a night, plus $19 taxes, a savings of about $40. If booking online, request the 20/20/20 package in the additional information section. Info: 800-392-3717, www.theattwater.com.
● Elite Island Resorts, a collection of all-inclusive properties in the Caribbean, is offering air credi ts per room, plus free lodging and meals for kids. Stay five or six nights and receive a $600 air credit, or book seven nights or more and earn a $1,000 credit. The air credit program applies to Galley Bay Resort & Spa, St. James’s Club & Villas and the Verandah Resort & Spa in Antigua; Palm Island Resort in the Grenadines; LaSource on Grenada; and Morgan Bay Beach Resort in St. Lucia. The free kids program covers up to two children sharing a room with two adults for at least seven nights at St. James’s Club, the Verandah Resort or Morgan Bay. Rates vary. For instance, rooms at Morgan Bay start at $143 per person per night, including taxes. By comparison, Morgan Bay charges $60 a night for children ages 2 to 16, and air to St. Lucia starts at $620. Book by April 30; travel by Dec. 20. Add air taxes. Info: 800-858-4618, www.eliteislandresorts.com.
● You don’t have to be a sports fan to benefit from Syracuse University’s position as a No. 1 seed in March Madness. The school’s proud home town in New York is offering $1 deals at hotels, restaurants, bars, stores, museums and spas. For instance, at the Hotel Skyler and the Jefferson Clinton Hotel, stay two nights and receive the third night for a buck. Rates at the eco-chic Hotel Skyler start at $157, with taxes; at Jefferson Clinton, a Historic Hotel of America, rooms start at $154. Add 13 cents in taxes to the $1 rate. Deals are valid until the Syracuse Orange lose a game or win the tournament. To receive the specials, mention the 1 for 1 All the Way. Info: www.visitsyracuse.org/alltheway.
● Sun Country Airlines has launched a Daylight Savings sale. Round-trip fare for nonstop service from Reagan National to Lansing, Mich., is $158, with taxes; connecting flights on other airlines start at $180. Round-trip fare from National to Minneapolis is $267; fare typically starts at $310. Travel April 10 through June 13. Book by March 22 at www.suncountry.com.
● International Expeditions is offering a $1,000 per person discount on two departures of its Amazon River cruise. The June 1 and June 22 trips now start at $2,898 per person double, plus $368 in-country airfare, which must be purchased through the company. The trip includes seven nights aboard the Aquamarina; one pre-cruise night in Lima’s Swissotel; post-cruise dayroom at El Dorado Plaza Hotel in Iquitos, Peru; tours of Lima and Iquitos; shore excursions; transfers; and taxes. Info: 800-234-9620, www.ietravel.com.
● China Spree is offering $400 per-person savings on many of its China tours. For example, the 10-night China Delights package now starts at $2,199 per person double, including round-trip air from Washington, flight from Beijing to Shanghai, 10 nights in four-star hotels, land transport, 24 meals, tours with entrance fees, transfers and taxes. Lowest rates apply to select departures in April, November and December. Book by April 15. Info: 866-652-5656, www.chinaspree.com.
Submit travel deals to firstname.lastname@example.org. Prices were verified at press time Thursday, but deals sell out and availability is not guaranteed. Some restrictions may apply.