This week’s best travel bargains around the globe
● Take a last-minute trip to Santa Fe, N.M., and get 65 percent savings at the Bishop’s Lodge Ranch Resort & Spa. For May, a two-bedroom villa is $339 (plus $67 taxes and resort fee); usual rate is $969. The promo also includes a $100 daily resort credit and a bottle of wine and chocolate-covered strawberries at check-in. Info: 800-732-2240, www.bishopslodge.com.
● In honor of the May 21 season opening of Jackson Lake Lodge in Wyoming’s Grand Teton National Park, the Grand Teton Lodge Co. is taking 20 percent off its Grand Adventure Package. The five-day package costs $2,224 for a family of four (with kids ages 6 to 11), including taxes, down from $2,482. Or pay $3,746 (vs. $4,135) for six nights. Package includes lodging, dining and activities, including rafting on the Snake River, hiking and horseback riding in the park, boat cruises on Jackson Lake, and tours of Jackson or Yellowstone National Park. Travel May 25 to June 18; book by June 18. Info: 866-919-5965, www.gtlc.com.
● Norwegian Cruise Line is offering free unlimited shore excursions for children age 12 and younger and 50 percent discounts on excursions for passengers ages 13-17 on all 2012 cruises booked by May 13. Savings vary. For example, Cozumel, Mexico, shore excursions range from $14 to $249 per child; the Adventure Park, Zip Line & Snorkel tour, normally $69, is free or $34.50, depending on age. A paying adult must accompany the child, who must be sharing a stateroom. Some tours have age restrictions. Helicopter and plane tours, golf, Orlando theme parks and Atlantis in the Bahamas are excluded. You must prebook the excursion through www.ncl.com or 888-438-6817; request promo code KIDSHORX.
● With MSC Cruises, book a balcony stateroom and receive a second one for 50 percent off. The deal is good on select Caribbean cruises (December through March) aboard the MSC Poesia, with at least one adult per cabin. For example, on the Feb. 16 round-trip cruise from Fort Lauderdale, Fla., pay $1,868 per twosome for the first balcony cabin and $999 for the second, including taxes. The seven-night voyage sails to Cozumel, Honduras, the Cayman Islands and Jamaica. Request the Family Plan promotion when booking by June 30. Info: 866-545-8085, www.msccruisesusa.com/us_en.
● Aeromexico is offering introductory fares on its new nonstop service between Washington Dulles and Mexico City, scheduled to begin May 21. Round-trip fare is $528, including tax. Fly by Dec. 15, and purchase by May 31. Other airlines are matching, but fares typically start at about $635. Info: 800-237-6639, www.aeromexico.com.
● Lion World Tours is offering a seven-night luxury South African safari package for $3,899 per person double. The trip, with six departures in September and October, includes round-trip air from Washington Dulles to Cape Town, with return from Johannesburg; domestic flights to Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport; four nights’ lodging at More Quarters in Cape Town; three nights at the five-star Lion Sands River Lodge (September departures) or Tinga Private Game Lodge (October); 13 meals; six open-vehicle game drives; half-day tour of the Ernie Els Winery near Cape Town; and taxes. Priced separately, the trip would cost about $4,597, for a savings of $698. Info: 800-387-2706, www.lionworldtours.com.
● Book a package to the Bahamas — Nassau, Paradise Island, Grand Bahama Island or the Other Islands — and receive an instant air credit of up to $400. With the Bahamasair deal, receive a $400 credit on stays of at least six nights and $250 on stays of three (Grand Bahama Island only) to five nights. Twenty hotels are participating; prices vary. For example, in early June, a couple pays $977 for round-trip air from BWI Marshall to Freeport; six nights at the Flamingo Bay Hotel and Marina in Freeport; and taxes. Without the deal, the trip costs $1,377 for two. Book by May 14; travel by Oct. 31. Use promo code 250GBSPRINGUS for the $250 credit and 400GBSPRINGUS for the $400 credit. Info: 800-222-4262, www.bahamasair.com or www.bahamas.com.
Submit travel deals to email@example.com. Prices were verified at press time Thursday, but deals sell out and availability is not guaranteed. Some restrictions may apply.