What’s the Deal? This week’s best travel bargains around the globe.
By Carol Sottili and Andrea Sachs,
what’s the deal?
This week’s best travel bargains around the globe
● River Dance Lodge in Syringa, Idaho, is offering four nights for the price of three on its all-inclusive adventure packages. For Sunday check-ins through June 14, the rate for four nights starts at $1,400 per couple (plus 8 percent tax), a savings of $325. The summer rate (June 15 to Sept. 6) is $1,655 per couple, a savings of $395. Deal includes lodging in a luxury walled tent or a log cabin with hot tub; all meals; and daily adventure activities, such as whitewater rafting and trail hiking. The promo also includes a champagne and chocolate welcome basket, which usually costs $50. No booking deadline, but based on availability. To book: 866-769-8747. Lodge info: www.riverdancelodge.com.
● Starwood Hotels and Resorts is offering a $200 food and beverage credit, plus a free night and upgrades, at two properties in Los Cabos, Mexico. With the Sunsational Savings package, receive the per-room credit and a free third night at the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar, and the credit and a free fourth night at the Westin Resort and Spa. Complimentary upgrade is based on availability. Rates start at $149 at the Sheraton and $179 at the Westin, plus 18 percent tax and service charge. For example, in mid-June, three nights at the Sheraton costs $438, plus tax, down from $673. Stay by Dec. 31. Info for Sheraton: 800-325-3589, www.sheratonloscabos.com; use promo code ZS3. For the Westin: 800-937-8461, www.westinloscabos.com; use promo code ZS4.
● The Lansdowne Resort, a four-diamond luxe property in Loudoun County, is offering a Memorial Day special with 75 percent off the third night. The deal is valid on any three consecutive nights between May 24 and 29; rates start at $189 a night. For example, book a three-nighter on May 26 and pay $398 for the first two nights and $47 for the third. Add 10 percent taxes and a $20 resort fee per night. Guests have access to five restaurants, an aquatic complex with five pools and water slide, tennis courts, a spa and the Golf Club at Lansdowne. Info: 877-509-8400, www.lansdowneresort.com.
●Save $900 per couple on General Tours’ 12-night Glaciers & Penguins trip to Antarctica. Discounted price starts at $6,549 per person double for the Nov. 8, March 13 and March 22 departures. Tour includes two nights’ pre-cruise lodging at the Sofitel hotel in Buenos Aires and one night at Los Cauquenes Resort & Spa in Ushuaia, Argentina; round-trip flights between Buenos Aires and Ushuaia; tours in Buenos Aires and Ushuaia; nine nights aboard the 84-passenger MV Ushuaia; most meals; transfers; and taxes. Book and pay in full by May 31. Info: 800-221-2216, www.generaltours.com.
● Scandinavian Airlines has sale fares from Washington Dulles to Copenhagen, Oslo, Helsinki and Stockholm. Round-trip fare on flights originating Aug. 12 through Oct. 27 is $999 (taxes included); flights departing Oct. 28 through Dec. 12 are $899. Other airlines are matching, but fare to Oslo in late August is typically about $1,250. Best fares apply to midweek travel. Some dates are sold out. Requirements include a minimum stay of Saturday night. Book by May 14 at www.flysas.com.
● JetBlue has a sale fare on flights from BWI Marshall to Boston. Round-trip fare is from $124, with taxes. Twenty-one day advance purchase required. Book by May 14 and travel Tuesday or Wednesday through June 27. AirTran is matching, but typical fare is at least $25 more. Info: 800-JETBLUE (538-2583), www.jetblue.com.
● Friendly Planet Travel has a seven-night trip to Turkey starting at $1,499 per person double. Tour includes round-trip airfare from Washington Dulles to Istanbul; air from Istanbul to Izmir; two nights at the beachfront Fantasia Hotel in Kusadasi; one night at the Hotel Akol in Canakkale; three nights at the Kent Hotel Istanbul or Akgun Hotel in Istanbul; land transportation; airport transfers; daily sightseeing tours with entrance fees; nine meals; and taxes. Priced separately, airfare and hotel alone would cost about $1,900 per person. Cheapest prices apply to Jan. 23, Feb. 6, Feb. 20 and March 6 departures. Book by June 6. Info: 800-555-5765, www.friendlyplanet.com.
● With Go Ahead Tours, save $450 per person on a 12-day package to St. Petersburg and the Baltics. The tour, which departs July 9, costs $2,879 per person double, down from $3,329. Price includes round-trip air from Washington Dulles to Vilnius, Lithuania, with a return from St. Petersburg; 10 nights of hotel accommodations in Vilnius, Riga (Latvia), Tallinn (Estonia) and St. Petersburg; guides and deluxe motorcoach; daily buffet breakfast and four three-course dinners, including wine or beer; airport transfers; and taxes. Book by May 18. Info: 800-590-1170, www.goaheadtours.com.
Submit travel deals to firstname.lastname@example.org. Prices were verified at press time Thursday, but deals sell out and availability is not guaranteed. Some restrictions may apply.