The Washington Post

10 affected by carbon monoxide in DC

Carbon monoxide fumes sent seven construction workers to hospitals in the District Monday night, a D.C. fire department spokesman said.

A total of 10 people were affected at about 10 p.m. as they removed asbestos from from a building in the 500 block of 14th Street, department spokesman Lon Walls said.

Of the seven taken to hospitals, six appeared to be in relatively good condition. One was more seriously affected, but he was expected to survive.


Success! Check your inbox for details. You might also like:

Please enter a valid email address

See all newsletters

Show Comments
Most Read


Success! Check your inbox for details.

See all newsletters

Your Three. Video curated for you.

To keep reading, please enter your email address.

You’ll also receive from The Washington Post:
  • A free 6-week digital subscription
  • Our daily newsletter in your inbox

Please enter a valid email address

I have read and agree to the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Please indicate agreement.

Thank you.

Check your inbox. We’ve sent an email explaining how to set up an account and activate your free digital subscription.