Three are shot, one fatally, in Southeast

Two men and a male youth were shot, one of them fatally, in Southeast early Sunday, police said.

About 2 a.m., D.C. police responding to a call at 3400 Stanton Road found the three injured, said Officer Paul Metcalf, a police spokesman.

All were taken to hospitals. The man who died was identified by police as Alvin Allen Jr., 21. The identities and medical conditions of the others weren’t available Sunday evening.

Details of what prompted the shootings were not immediately available.

— Michelle Boorstein

Police: Robbery may have led to shooting

A man was shot and killed Sunday morning in Hillcrest Heights, and Prince George’s County police are investigating the incident as a justifiable shooting of a would-be robber, law enforcement officials said.

Police were sent about 12:35 a.m. to 23rd Parkway, where they pronounced a man dead.

According to a news release, detectives believe he had approached two people in a car in an attempt to rob them.

“The would-be robber pulled out a handgun . . . a struggle over the handgun ensued” between the man and a man in the car, the news release said. During the tussle, the man police believe was a robber was shot.

Cpl. Maria McKinney said Sunday evening that police were still investigating. No charges had been filed.

— Michelle Boorstein

Man charged in sex assault on teen

A Falls Church man dressed as a woman approached a teenage girl and asked to take her photo, then sexually assaulted her, police said in announcing the man’s arrest Friday.

Falls Church police arrested Carlos Guillermo Suarez Diaz, 46, and charged him with misdemeanor sexual battery in connection with the March 13 incident, according to a news release.

Police say Diaz approached the 17-year-old in a parking lot near the 100 block of East Broad Street in Falls Church. He asked whether he could take her photo, and she consented.

“While taking the pictures, he began to touch her inappropriately,” the news release said. “The victim told him to stop, and left the scene.”

Police said she didn’t report the encounter to family or police. But a counselor notified police a week later, and an investigation began.

Police said they were led to Diaz by called-in tips and video images provided by businesses in the vicinity.

Diaz was charged and released. He is scheduled to appear at an arraignment May 14.

— Michelle Boorstein