Potholes proliferate as a chilly winter grinds on in Washington. This one is on 16th Street south of Kennedy NW. (Bill O'Leary/The Washington Post)

If you spot a pothole, note the location and severity, then report it to the following:

District Department of Transportation

Reach the Mayor’s Citywide Call Center by dialing 311, fill out an online request at www.ddot.dc.gov or tweet @DDOTDC.

Maryland State Highway Administration

For state-numbered routes, complete a service form at roads.maryland.gov or call one of the maintenance shops corresponding to your district.

Virginia Department of Transportation

Call 703-383-8368 or report it at www.virginiadot.org .

Alexandria: Visit this Web site.

Arlington County: Visit this Web site or call 703-228-6570.

Fairfax County: Contact VDOT.

Howard County: Visit this Web site.

Loudoun County: Contact VDOT.

Montgomery County: Visit this Web site.

Prince George’s County: Visit this Web site.