An assisted living facility in Rockville, Md., was evacuated Tuesday after a water pipe broke in an electrical room, according to a spokeswoman for the Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service.

Beth Anne Nesselt said the pipe burst in the ceiling of a room at Raphael House, 1515 Dunster Rd., setting off an automatic fire alarm shortly before 2:15 p.m.

Twenty-eight residents and nine staff members were transported to the recreation center at a nearby church, Nesselt said. It wasn’t known when the residents and staff members would be able to return to the assisted living facility.