To visualize a space, Erin Pitts likes to pull all the elements of her design concept together on a framed pinboard. The following are the retail items included in this room scheme, which Pitts calls “Surf.”
1. Burlap Pendant. A classic shape with a wrought-iron frame and a burlap/jute shade. $740. www.cottageandbungalow.com.
2. Foundry Pattern mirrors. Convex mirrors with a maple-wood frame inspired by a 19th-century wooden pattern. Elizabeth Street Gallery, starts at $1,900. www.1stdibs.com.
3. Tessera tiles. Shimmery glass tiles for a fireplace surround. One-by-one-inch, Tahoe Iridescent. $36 per sheet. www.renaissancetileandbath.com.
4. Jenson vintage brass/snow marble lamp. The mix of a marble base, brass body and linen shade give this contemporary lamp a cool vintage vibe. $579. www.cottageandbungalow.com.
5. Reese sofa. Pair this modern design with sturdy, straw color upholstery (pictured below sofa) for a casual, coastal look. Starts at $2,700. www.mgbwhome.com.
6. Bryce Coffee Table. A combination of wood and polished nickel give this table a warm yet modern feel. $595. www.wshome.com.
7. Carroll Wood Table II. A small and chic wood table that can double as a footrest or extra seating. $505. www.lampsplus.com.
8. Merida Meridian sisal rug. A diamond sisal floor-covering is an easy way to add pattern and texture to a room. Jacquard Diamond in nutmeg. Priced according to size. www.classicfloordesigns.info.
9. Palecek Woodland Veneer Back Chair. A perfect place to perch on lazy summers days. $2,240. www.carolinarustica.com.
10. Indigo Dip bolster pillow. Saturated colors, like the deep blue on these cushions, add depth to a room design. $150 (excluding insert). www.johnrobshaw.com.
11. Sunburst Armoire. Left open or closed, this hand-carved, mango-wood cabinet could give a room its wow factor. $1,999. www.wisteria.com.
12. Lecare Seahorse 1 and 2 prints. From Natural Curiosities. $350 each. www.obxtradinggroup.com
13. Drapery fabric. Larsen Vintage in Denim. $196 per yard. Available to the trade.
14. Drapery trim. Samuel and Sons, Lagoon/Midnight. $68 per yard. Available to the trade.
15. Natural woven shades. Hartman and Forbes, Autumn Harvest. Priced according to size. Available to the trade.
16. Wallcovering. Diamond Weave grasscloth in Spartanburg Tan by Phillip Jefferies. $144 per yard. Available to the trade.
17. Sofa fabric. Design Tex Souvenir in Straw Hat. $78 per yard. Available to the trade.
18. Lounge chair fabric. Donghia Muji in Gunjo-Navy. $156 per yard. Available to the trade.
19. Throw pillow fabric. Michael Smith, JP7520, Coquina in Marine. $166 per yard. Available to the trade.
20. Lanterns. Alta Vista Grande lanterns. $350 each. Available to the trade.