Millions of people love cats, some people are indifferent, and others may even be hostile. But few members of any of the camps claim that cats cause fires, which apparently happened early Sunday in Prince George’s County.
A fire that broke out shortly before 8 a.m. at a house in the 2100 block of Dupont Avenue in Suitland caused about $50,000 in damage, according to Mark E. Brady, spokesman for the county fire department.
He said the fire appears to have been accidental. A cat knocked a candle over and onto a mattress, Brady said.
The cat survived and is with its owner, Brady said. No humans were injured.