The Washington Post

CO leak in Falls Church sends 10 to hospital

A carbon monoxide leak at sent 10 people to a hospital Monday from an office building in the Falls Church area, Fairfax County fire officials said.

Hazmat units responded to the 6200 block of Leesburg Pike, near Seven Corners, and evaluated 30 people for possible symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning about 5 p.m., said Renee Stilwell , a fire department spokeswoman.

Authorities took 10 people to the hospital for further evaluation, Stilwell said.

The cause of the leak was not immediately released.

Get updates on your area delivered via e-mail

Clarence Williams is the night police reporter for The Washington Post and has spent the better part of 13 years standing next to crime scene tape, riding in police cars or waking officials in the middle of night to gather information about breaking news in and around Washington.

The Freddie Gray case

Please provide a valid email address.

You’re all set!

Campaign 2016 Email Updates

Please provide a valid email address.

You’re all set!

Get Zika news by email

Please provide a valid email address.

You’re all set!
Show Comments
Most Read



Success! Check your inbox for details.

See all newsletters

Close video player
Now Playing

To keep reading, please enter your email address.

You’ll also receive from The Washington Post:
  • A free 6-week digital subscription
  • Our daily newsletter in your inbox

Please enter a valid email address

I have read and agree to the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Please indicate agreement.

Thank you.

Check your inbox. We’ve sent an email explaining how to set up an account and activate your free digital subscription.