An investigation into the fatal March 30 shooting by police at the National Security Agency at Fort Made has concluded and no charges will be filed against law enforcement officers, according to the Maryland U.S. attorney’s office.
“Federal prosecutors and agents reviewed the evidence from the March 30, 2015 shooting at the National Security Agency and determined that there was no crime committed by the officers,” Maryland U.S. Attorney Rod J. Rosenstein said in a statement. “Video recordings of the incident make clear that the driver ignored directions given by NSA guards, rammed a barrier at high speed and was racing toward the officer who fired at the vehicle.”
A spokeswoman for the Baltimore FBI office, Shayne E. Buchwald, would only say that the agency “does not have a case open on that matter.”
Ricky S. Hall, 27, was killed, and Kevin L. Fleming, 20, was wounded when authorities said a stolen SUV they were in crashed into a police cruiser at a security gate outside the NSA at an entrance just off the Baltimore-Washington Parkway.
Hall, who went by Mya, and Fleming, called Britany, had been dressed as women. Police said they were not wearing disguises but were transgender, and had stolen a Ford Escape from a man with whom they had met in Baltimore and who had taken them to a motel on U.S. 1 south of the city.