A man is in serious condition Tuesday after he was said to be on fire in Northeast Washington.
D.C. Fire and Rescue officials said they received a call about 10:24 a.m. for a report of “an adult male on fire” in the 3400 block of Benning Road NE. There is a Pepco power plant in that area and a market.
The fire was put out, fire officials said, and the man was transported to an area hospital.
In a separate incident, authorities said they received a call at 8:20 a.m. for a report of an electrocution at a large construction site in the 800 block of 22nd Street NW. Few details were immediately available. Fire officials said the person was taken to an area hospital and listed in critical condition.