Hong Young’s booking photo. (Anne Arundel County Police Department/via AP)

The man arrested in connection with a shooting along a busy Maryland highway and suspected in four other shootings in the region told authorities “he was hearing voices” that told him to fire his weapon, according to information authorities released Thursday.

Police said they are now investigating whether Hong Young, 35, could be linked to a possible sixth incident involving shots fired at the Maryland Live Casino at Arundel Mills mall.

The former prison guard from Beltsville was arrested Tuesday night and accused of shootings along the Intercounty Connector, at a National Security Agency building and three other incidents in Anne Arundel and Howard counties.

[Five shootings in public places in Maryland said to be linked; 35-year-old charged]

Maryland Live officials reported that several suspected bullet holes were found in two different locations of the building the same day police announced Young’s arrest.

“We have not confirmed that this incident is related to the suspect Young, but the method of operation appears to be similar,” according to a prepared statement from Anne Arundel County police.

Police found Young on Tuesday evening in the parking lot of Arundel Mills mall. He was in a Lincoln Town Car that matched the description a car spotted at several of the incidents, the documents state.

When Young was arrested, he told officers he was coming from a casino. According to court charging documents, he had a .380-caliber semiautomatic handgun in the passenger seat of his car.

Ballistics testing connected a gun registered to Young to the incidents at the NSA and along the Intercounty Corridor, as well as shootings reported at the movie theater at Columbia Mall and a Costco in the Arundel Mills area. Investigators also linked Young to a fifth incident at a Wal-Mart in Laurel based on the description of the Town Car and video surveillance footage.

No one was seriously injured in any of the shootings, which investigators said sparked fears similar to the October 2002 sniper attacks in the Washington area that killed 10 and injured three others.

Young, who was initially sent to the hospital after being detained, was transferred to a county jail Wednesday on a no-bond status.

It is unclear whether Young has a lawyer. The residents in the house at the address listed for Young did not answer the door when a reporter knocked Wednesday afternoon, and attempts to reach his family by phone Wednesday and Thursday were unsuccessful.

Young has a hearing scheduled Friday in Anne Arundel County district court.