Prince George’s County police have arrested a Landover man they say provided the gun and the getaway for the suspect in the fatal shooting of 3-year-old Knijah Bibb.

Brian R. Campbell, 24, was charged with murder, manslaughter and being an accessory in the slaying of Knijah, who was struck Sunday by a bullet meant for someone else, authorities said.

“Brian Campbell was instrumental in the crime that has occurred,” said Lt. William Alexander, a spokesman for county police.

The District girl was visiting a house in Landover with her family over the weekend when a fight over clothes broke out between Davon A. Wallace, 25, and a teen who lived in the house, authorities said.

Wallace left and returned about 10 minutes later with a gun, which he fired at the second floor of the house from the yard, police said. Wallace was aiming for the teen, who was wearing his clothes, but struck Knijah instead, authorities said.

Brian Ray Campbell (Prince George's County Police)

Police said Campbell, who lives on the street where the shooting took place, was an acquaintance of Wallace’s. After the fight with the teen, authorities said, Wallace called Campbell, who provided a gun. Campbell later drove Wallace away from the neighborhood, police said.

Detectives found and interviewed Campbell during their “relentless” search for Wallace, Alexander said. Campbell, who was arrested Wednesday, was being held without bond, police said.

Alexander said investigators are still aggressively searching for Wallace, who faces a first-degree murder charge in the shooting. “It is obviously bittersweet because we don’t have Davon Wallace in custody,” Alexander said.

Knijah’s grandmother Brenda Bibb said that she is relieved that police made at least one arrest in the case but that she wants to see Wallace caught.

“I think they’ll get him,” Bibb said.

A candlelight vigil for Knijah is planned for 7 p.m. Friday on Harvard Street between 13th and 14th streets in Northwest Washington, Bibb said. A funeral is scheduled for Wednesday at Unity Baptist Church in Northeast.

“I’ve been crying every other minute,” Bibb said. “I miss her.”

Knijah would have turned 4 in September.

Friends and family have set up a Web site, hoping to raise $5,000 in donations to help with funeral costs. As of Thursday afternoon, nearly 50 people had donated close to $2,000.

A reward of up to $25,000 is being offered for information leading to Wallace’s arrest. Police are urging anyone with information to call 1-866-411-TIPS (8477). Callers can remain anonymous.

“We’d obviously like to get Wallace behind bars where he deserves to be,” Alexander said.

Get updates on your area delivered via e-mail.