Three District men pleaded guilty Thursday in D.C. Superior Court to a 2013 drive-by shooting on North Capitol Street that left 13 people injured.

Arnell Smith, 21, Andrew D. Allen, 20, and Keith D. Bobb, 22, admitted to involvement in the March 11, 2013, shooting, which authorities said was sparked by a confrontation between rival neighborhood gangs.

The three men pleaded guilty to counts of assault with intent to kill, possession of a firearm during a crime of violence, conspiracy and tampering with evidence.

Smith and Bobb, who prosecutors say drove the two vehicles used in the shootings, face a maximum of 20 years in prison.

Allen, who prosecutors say shot into the crowd from one of the cars, faces a maximum of 25 years.

The men initially faced charges that carried up to 228 years in prison.

A fourth suspect, Craig S. Wilson, 20, who police say was wearing a court-ordered GPS bracelet on his ankle at the time of the attack and who detectives said was a second shooter, was not present at the hearing.

The status of Wilson’s case was not revealed in court, and prosecutors declined to comment.

The incident was one of the largest mass shootings in the District’s history.

“It is a miracle that no one perished in this senseless drive-by attack on a crowd of innocent people,” U.S. Attorney Ronald C. Machen Jr. said in a statement.

During the hearing, Assistant U.S. Attorney Michael Brittin said that on a March night, the four defendants were partying in the VIP section of the Fur nightclub at 33 Patterson St. NE.

The men, who had ties to Northeast Washington, saw members of a rival gang from the Sursum Corda and Tyler House Apartments neighborhoods in Northwest.

An argument broke out, authorities said, and the defendants blamed the others for a 2011 incident in which one of their friends was killed.

About 2 a.m., the defendants left in two cars and opened fire as they drove by a crowd of people who had left the nightclub and were standing along North Capitol Street, prosecutors said.

The three men are scheduled to be sentenced by Judge John Ramsey Johnson on Oct. 10.

Get updates on your area delivered via e-mail