As Montgomery County grapples with a whooping cough outbreak, health officials are offering free immunizations to seventh grade students this week, part of a continuing effort to get students in line with new state requirements.
Students who do not show documentation of immunizations before a Friday deadline could be excluded from school starting Monday, officials said.
On Sept. 9, 10, and 11, clinics offering vaccinations will be held from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. at nine schools. Here’s the schedule:
Tuesday, Sept. 9
- Roberto Clemente Middle School, 18808 Waring Station Road, Germantown
- Eastern Middle School, 300 University Blvd. East, Silver Spring
- Julius West Middle School, 651 Great Falls Road, Rockville
Wednesday, Sept. 10
- Briggs Chaney Middle School, 1901 Rainbow Drive, Silver Spring
- Forest Oak Middle School, 651 Saybrooke Oaks Blvd., Gaithersburg
- Parkland Middle School, 4610 West Frankfort Drive, Rockville
Thursday, Sept. 11
- Benjamin Banneker Middle School, 14800 Perrywood Road, Burtonsville
- Rocky Hill Middle School, 22401 Brick Haven Way, Clarksburg
- Silver Spring International Middle School, 313 Wayne Avenue, Silver Spring
Officials say that appointments are required and can be made by calling 311 or visiting the DHHS Web site: http://www2.montgomerycountymd.gov/VaccineClinic/