3 area residents die
in Wyo. plane crash

Three Washington-area residents were among four people killed in a plane crash in Wyoming on Saturday.

The Associated Press identified the victims of the crash, which killed everyone on board the small craft, as Joyce Bartoo of the District; an Annapolis couple, Diane and Gerald Stubbs, 68 and 69; and pilot Donald Edward Scott, 66, of Denver.

Diane Stubbs was Scott’s sister, the AP said, and Bartoo was a friend of his.

The Park County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement that the Cessna 310 was scheduled to fly from Sheridan County Airport in Wyoming to Billings, Mont. Instead, Scott flew to Yellowstone National Park and circled the park from the air. Then he radioed to ask for new flight instructions, the sheriff’s office said.

Scott was told to climb to 14,800 feet. He did, but then suddenly turned east and went into a steep descent.

Police arrest 30 men
in prostitution sting

D.C. police say they have arrested 30 men in connection with prostitution in Northwest Washington as part of an effort to cut down on the crime.

The men, who were charged with solicitation of prostitution, were arrested over the past week, police said.

The arrests also come after D.C. Council member Jack Evans recently unveiled a proposal that would allow police to tow and impound a vehicle when they have probable cause to believe it has been used by someone patronizing a prostitute. Evans said it is meant to combat what he called a rise in street prostitution.

In their operations, police lured men with fake ads on the Internet and then waited for them to knock on hotel doors.

— Dana Hedgpeth, Peter Hermann

Stabbings take place
in NE Washington

A woman has been arrested and charged after three other women and a girl were stabbed in Northeast Washington.

Police said Laqueda Ransome, 34, was charged with assault with attempt to kill in the Monday night incident, which followed an argument in the 500 block of 50th Place NE.

In an unrelated incident, a 15-year-old male was stabbed Tuesday in the bus bay area of the Brookland Metro station in Northeast, and a 17-year-old was arrested, authorities said.

The victim’s injuries were not considered life-threatening, said Metro spokeswoman Sherri Ly.