Man found injured
in SW Washington

A man died after he was found injured on a sidewalk Wednesday night in Southwest Washington's Bellevue neighborhood, D.C. police said.

The incident occurred shortly before 11 p.m. in the first block of Forrester Street SW, near the southern tip of the District close to the Maryland line, in front of a strip of apartment buildings.

Police said they had not immediately identified the victim. He died a short time after arriving at a hospital, police said.

A police report says he had a puncture wound to the chest, but it was unclear whether he had been shot or was injured in another way.

— Dana Hedgpeth, Peter Hermann

Man found guilty
in fatal shooting

A District man was found guilty Thursday of walking into a Southeast Washington barber shop in the middle of the day three years ago and fatally shooting a man as he sat in a barber chair.

During the nearly month-long trial, prosecutors argued that just after 11 a.m. on Oct. 10, 2014, Antwon Green, 29, ran into the Kutt-n-Upp barber shop in the 1400 block of Good Hope Road and pointed a pistol and fired several times at Breond Keys as Keys sat in the chair wearing a barber smock.

The shooting sent patrons and employees running.

Keys, 38, fell to the floor and died from gunshot wounds.

Green's attorneys had repeatedly argued police had arrested the wrong man and their client was innocent.

Green is scheduled to be sentenced Feb. 16 by Judge Judith Bartnoff.

— Keith Alexander

2 suspects arrested
in October slaying

D.C. police have arrested two suspects in the Oct. 10 shooting death of a 27-year-old man in the Burrville neighborhood of Northeast Washington.

Tyrone Harris, 29, and Markale Moore, 28, both of Northeast, were each charged with first-degree murder while armed. Harris was arrested Wednesday, Moore on Thursday.

The victim, Arthur Thompkins III, who police said had no fixed address, was shot about 11:45 p.m. as he sat in the driver's seat of a black Ford F-150 pickup truck in the 5400 block of Hunt Place NE.

Police said he had been shot several times and was pronounced dead on the scene. An arrest affidavit filed in D.C. Superior Court says Thompkins was shot 10 times.

A witness told police the apparent motive was an argument.