1. Car wash. Crain Highway Partners, Darnestown, Md. A site plan was submitted to build a car wash on 3.95 acres on the west side of Crain Highway, about 500 feet north of Mitchellville Road, Bowie.
2. McDonald’s, North Bethesda. A site plan was submitted to demolish a restaurant and build a new one on 4.32 acres in the northwest quadrant of Branch and 32nd Avenues, Hillcrest Heights.
3. Townhouse lots. Heathermore Associates Limited Partnership, Annapolis. A zoning case was submitted to change the use of 12.2 acres in the Marlton community. The property is slated as a county school site but has been deemed “surplus.” The builder proposed to build 92 townhouse lots at the end of Heathermore Boulevard, east of Route 301, Upper Marlboro.
4. Residential. RWSC, McLean. A rezoning application was submitted to change an approved application for 120,000 square feet of retail space into mostly residential. The company proposes apartments and townhouses plus about 20,000 square feet of retail space on 19 acres on the west side of Route 301, 1,200 feet south of Mitchellville Road, Bowie.
5. Townhouse lots. D.R. Horton, McLean. A site plan was submitted for 191 townhouse lots on 20.2 acres in the northeast quadrant of Chaddsford Road and General Lafayette Boulevard, Brandywine.
6. Wal-Mart. Bentonville, Ark. A site plan was submitted to add 21,678 square feet to a vacant grocery store and convert the building into a 79,000-square-foot Wal-Mart store. The building is part of the Duvall Village Shopping Center, on 12.2 acres in the southeast quadrant of Annapolis and Glenn Dale Roads, Glenn Dale.
7. Dollar General. Accokeek Associates, Greensboro, N.C. A preliminary plan of subdivision was submitted for a Dollar General outlet store at 15795 Livingston Rd., near Krista Way, Accokeek.
8. Office building. BE Cross Street, Rockville. A building permit application was filed for a $15 million, 97,322-square-foot office building for the state’s Department of Housing and Community Development. The building will be on Cross Street, off Route 450 in Lanham, and will be part of a mixed-use complex near the New Carrollton Metro station.
9. Single-family lots. Toll Brothers, Horsham, Pa. Final plats of subdivision were approved for 75 single-family lots, part of the Marlboro Ridge community on the west side of Ritchie Marlboro Road, one mile south of Westphalia Road, Upper Marlboro.
10. Church and school. Reaching Hearts International, Burtonsville. A preliminary plan of subdivision was approved for a 32,150-square-foot church and school on the west side of Brooklyn Bridge Road, 240 feet south of Burtons Lane, Laurel.
11. Medical clinic. Rebkee Co., Midlothian, Va. A preliminary plan of subdivision was approved for a Patient First medical clinic building on 1.35 acres on the south side of Woodyard Road, 600 feet southwest of Pine View Lane, Clinton.
12. Library. Prince George’s County, Upper Marlboro. A building permit was issued to complete a $1.1 million renovation to the county library at 4319 Sellman Rd., Beltsville.
13. Panera Bread. Conboy and Mannion Contracting, Saratoga Springs, N.Y. A building permit was issued to do $465,000 worth of interior construction work for a Panera Bread restaurant at 10916 Baltimore Ave., Beltsville.