1. Residential and commercial. Westphalia Bus Transit Partners, Bethesda. A preliminary plan of subdivision was submitted to develop 68.9 acres on the south side of Westphalia Road, ½ mile east of Route 4 in Upper Marlboro, with a mix of residential and commercial.
2. Casino, hotel and retail space. MGM National Harbor, Las Vegas. A site plan was submitted for a casino and entertainment facility, including a hotel, retail space, restaurants and a casino, in the southeast quadrant of Oxon Hill Road and Interstate 495, National Harbor.
3. Single-family lots. Walton Development and Management, Reston. A site plan was submitted for 106 single family lots, part of the Canter Creek subdivision, on the west side of Frank Tippett Road, 1,000 feet south of its intersection with Rosaryville Road, Upper Marlboro.
4. Senior living. Stayrou Associates, Annapolis. A detailed site plan was submitted for 57 affordable senior rental units on the southeast corner of Buchanan Street and Queens Chapel Road, Mount Rainier.
5. Observation wheel. Cianbro, Baltimore. A building permit application was filed for a $7 million observation wheel on the dock of the Potomac River at 701 National Harbor Blvd., National Harbor.
6. Multifamily units. Migus, Baltimore. A conceptual site plan was submitted for 314 multifamily units and 8,000 square feet of office space in the northwest quadrant of Powder Mill and Old Gunpowder Roads, Calverton.
7. Assisted living facility. Presidential Care, the District. A special exception application was filed to build a 77,342-square-foot assisted living facility on 7.91 acres on the east side of Lottsford Vista Road, opposite Cleary Lane, Mitchellville.
8. Gas station. Khan Properties, Upper Marlboro. A detailed site plan was submitted for a gas station and convenience store on 1.6 acres on the north side of Old Marlboro Pike, east of Ritchie Marlboro Road, Upper Marlboro.
9. Mixed-use community. Route 301 Industrial CPI Limited Partnership, Warrenton. A conceptual site plan was approved for a mixed-use community with 1,390 residential units and 300,000 square feet of office and retail space on 169.3 acres in the northwest quadrant of Route 301 and Brandywine Rd., Brandywine.
10. Student housing. Toll Brothers, Horsham, Pa. A detailed site plan was approved to redevelop the Knox Box apartment complex into a 445-unit student housing facility. The 6.2 acre property is at Guilford and Knox Roads, College Park.
11. Townhouse lots. Walton Westphalia Development, Reston. A detailed site plan was approved to build 348 townhouse lots in the Westphalia Town Center, on the north side of Route 4, west of Melwood Rd., Upper Marlboro.