1. Residential and commercial project. Timothy Brandywine Investment 1 & 2, Crofton. A site plan was submitted for proposed grading and infrastructure work at the Villages of Timothy Branch. The 334-acre project calls for 1,200 residential units and 305,000 square feet of commercial space on the east side of Route 301, south of Short Cut and Brandywine roads, Brandywine.
2. Student housing. Knox Village Partners, Horsham, Pa. A building permit application was filed to construct an $8 million student housing complex, called Terrapin Row, with 445 units and 12,000 square feet of retail space at 4301 Hartwick Rd., College Park.
3. Lodge. Facchina Construction, La Plata. A building permit application was filed to construct a $4.75 million lodge for the Alice Ferguson Foundation, based at 2201 Bryan Point Rd., Accokeek.
4. First Watch Restaurants, Rockville. A building permit application was filed to construct a First Watch restaurant that will serve breakfast and lunch at 15606 Emerald Way, Bowie. Another restaurant is planned at the Towne Centre at Laurel, on Route 1.
5. Hotel and retail. Buena Vista, Lanham. A rezoning application was approved that will change 30.6 acres of industrial and residential land into mixed-use space. The property owner plans to build a hotel and retail space on the land that forms a triangle at Martin Luther King Jr. Highway, Route 450 and Business Parkway, Lanham.
6. McDonald’s. McDonald’s Corp., Bethesda. A building permit application was approved for a 4,000-square-foot restaurant on the south side of East-West Highway, opposite Toledo Terrace, adjacent to Home Depot, in Hyattsville.
7. Senior living. Conifer Realty, Columbia. A site plan was approved for a 120-unit apartment complex for senior citizens on 4.3 acres at 2011 Brooks Dr., District Heights. The property will offer rents capped at affordable rates.
8. Casino. MGM National Harbor, Las Vegas. A site plan was approved for a 1 million-square-foot entertainment and casino complex south of the Wilson Bridge, along the Potomac River, National Harbor.
9. Townhouses. D.R. Horton, McLean. Final plats of subdivision were approved for 188 townhouses on 20.2 acres in the northeast quadrant of Chadds Ford Drive and General Lafayette Boulevard, Brandywine.
10. Residential lots. Walton Development, Scottsdale, Ariz. Final plats of development were approved for 188 residential lots, part of the Westphalia Town Center, in the northwest quadrant of Pennsylvania Avenue and Melwood Road, Upper Marlboro.
11. Family Life Center. Woodstream Church, Mitchellville. A site plan was approved for a 69,000-square-foot building to house the Family Life Center, on 15.3 acres in the southwest quadrant of Lottsford Road and Ruby Lockhart Boulevard, Mitchellville.
12. Medical office building. Frederick Road Realty, Cantonsville, Md. A building permit was issued to construct a $1.5 million, 15,000-square-foot medical office building at 16461 Excalibur Rd., Bowie. The location is the former site of Tia’s Restaurant.
— Compiled by