Townhouses and retail space. Palisades Development, Rockville. A preliminary plan of subdivision was submitted to develop 140 townhouses and 4,000 square feet of commercial space on 12 acres in the southeast quadrant of Good Luck and Greenbelt roads, Lanham.
2. Mixed-use project. St. John Properties, Baltimore. A conceptual site plan was submitted to convert an office park into a mixed-use project with 2,500 residential units, including apartments and senior living units, and 320,000 feet of retail and office space. The Melford project will be on 260 acres in the northeast quadrant of routes 50 and 301, Bowie.
3. Self-storage facility. Annapolis Road Self-Storage, Reston. A site plan was submitted to build a 112,560-square-foot mini-storage facility on 4.09 acres in the southwest quadrant of Forbes Boulevard and Annapolis Road, Lanham.
4. Student housing. Manekin Construction, Columbia. A building permit application was filed to construct a $9.2 million student housing building for Capitol College, 11301 Springfield Rd., Laurel.
5. Medical office building. FPR Medical Properties Brandywine, Rockville. A site plan was submitted to build a 65,300-square-foot medical office building in the northeast quadrant of the Brandywine Crossing shopping center, Timothy Branch Road and Route 301, Brandywine.
6. Retail center. Broglen, Fort Washington. A preliminary plan of subdivision was submitted for eight retail lots on 10.8 acres in the southwest quadrant of Annapolis and Bell Station roads, Glenn Dale.
7. Urgent care. Adventist Healthcare, Gaithersburg. A site plan was submitted to build a 5,500-square-foot Centra Care urgent care center on slightly more than half an acre in the northeast quadrant of Baltimore Avenue and Magnolia Street, Laurel.
8. Wal-Mart expansion. Wal-Mart, Bentonville, Ark. A special exception application was filed to build a 37,395-square-foot addition to the Wal-Mart store at 8745 Branch Ave., Clinton.
9. Student housing. Starview Plaza, Columbia. A building permit application was filed for an $8 million student housing apartment building at 8700 Baltimore Ave., College Park.
10. Safeway. Echo Realty, the District. A building permit application was filed for a $6.54 million Safeway grocery store at 3700 East-West Hwy., West Hyattsville.
Casino. MGM Casinos, Las Vegas. A building permit application was filed for a $125 million casino and entertainment building at 2000 South Port America Grande Blvd., National Harbor.
12. Townhouses. Westphalia Row Partners, Rockville. An amended conceptual site plan was approved for the type of residential units to be built. Instead of apartment-style condominiums, the project will include townhouses on 20.6 acres on the outside of the Beltway at Ritchie Marlboro Road, Upper Marlboro.
13. Apartments. Brightseat Development Associates, Upper Marlboro. A site plan was approved to build a 372-unit apartment complex on 22.1 acres, at 1990 Brightseat Rd., near FedEx Field, Landover.
14. Apartments. Keane Enterprises, Ashburn. A site plan was approved to build 275 multifamily units on 2.1 acres, at 4700 Berwyn House Rd., College Park.
15. Self-storage facility. Tyvec, Hyattsville. A site plan was approved for an 83,990-square-foot self-storage facility on 1.15 acres, at 4805 Frolich Lane, Hyattsville.
16. Charter school. Kascon, Columbia. A building permit was issued for a $2.6 million tenant fit-out for Chesapeake Education Services’ charter school, including classrooms and administrative offices, at 6151 Chevy Chase Dr., Laurel.
17. Warehouse. Manekin Construction, Columbia. A building permit was issued for a $5.1 million, 146,250-square-foot warehouse for Pacific Realty Trust, at 1501 Cabin Branch Dr., Landover.