A fire broke out at a home on Foxhall Road in NW D.C. (Courtesy of D.C. Fire/Courtesy of D.C. Fire)

A fire broke out early Friday in upper Northwest Washington, and authorities said it was apparently caused by an electrical malfunction.

The fire happened around 3 a.m. in the 1600 block of Foxhall Road NW, not far from Reservoir Road. Officials said there was intense fire in the basement and first floor of the two-story home.

No one was injured. Officials said there was a dental office inside the home.

D.C. Fire officials said the fire was ruled accidental. It was not immediately known where the electrical malfunction happened in the home.

Some roads in the area were closed for a brief time.