Firefighters work to put out a blaze that started inside the garage of a Winter Laurel Drive home. (Montgomery County fire department)

An Olney woman who noticed melting plastic dripping from a car in her garage got her husband and 10 dogs out the house before it was engulfed in flames, a spokesman said.

No one was injured in the Tuesday night blaze, said Pete Piringer, a spokeman for the county’s fire and rescue service.

Piringer said the blaze started around 5:30 p.m. inside the garage of a home on Winter Laurel Drive. The fire — apparently caused by the car’s engine — destroyed the two-story house, displaced a family of two adults and left more than $600,000 worth of damage in its wake, he said.

Piringer said the woman parked the car earlier and had walked back out to the garage because she forgot something. That’s when she noticed the melting plastic, he said.

Piringer said about 75 firefighters worked to put out the fire Tuesday.