A nanny accused of fatally force-feeding a crying baby who woke the woman up from a nap will remain in jail without the possibility of bail.

Oluremi Oyindasola, 70, appeared in Prince George’s County District Court on Friday for a bond review hearing after she was charged this week with murder and child abuse in the death of 8-month-old Enita Salubi.

Oyindasola’s attorney asked that she be released to her family on a $100,000 bond, but prosecutors objected, saying she is a flight risk.

She gave police various aliases and dates of birth and has been in the United States illegally with an expired passport, said Donine Carrington with the Prince George’s County state’s attorney’s office.

Given the seriousness of the charges and the concerns of prosecutors, Judge Thurman H. Rhodes said Oyindasola should remain detained because she “does present a significant flight risk and is a danger to others.”

Oluremi Oyindasola, 66, is charged with murder and child abuse in the killing of 8-month-old Enita Salubi of Glenarden. ( Prince George's County Police Department)

Oyindasola, of Glenarden, Md., briefly appeared in court Thursday, but her hearing was postponed to Friday so that a Yoruba-speaking interpreter could be available for the native of Nigeria.

County State’s Attorney Angela Alsobrooks said after Oyindasola’s appearance Thursday that the nanny was not licensed to care for children and was also watching two other toddlers, the girl’s siblings, at the time.

“She was, from every indication, absolutely unfit to care for children,” Alsobrooks said.

An in-home surveillance system in the Glenarden home recorded the live-in nanny’s interactions with the child before the unresponsive baby was rushed to a hospital Oct. 24, county police said.

Court charging documents indicate that the crying child in a toddler walker approached Oyindasola, who was napping on a couch. After trying to feed the child while the baby was still in the walker, Oyindasola pulled the child out, held her down and poured milk into the squirming girl’s mouth, police and prosecutors said.

The baby resisted and showed distress, but Oyindasola forced the child to consume the contents of a second bottle full of clear liquid that was probably water, police prosecutors said.

After the child was pronounced dead at a hospital, a medical examiner discovered white liquid in the child’s lungs during an autopsy and determined that the baby’s death was a homicide due to asphyxiation

Family for Oyindasola who appeared in court Thursday declined to speak with reporters.

Enita Salubi is the fifth child age 1 or younger who has died in Prince George’s this year, Alsobrooks said.

The number of child homicides has alarmed county officials, who created a public safety campaign urging parents to thoroughly vet caregivers or call the Maryland Department of Education for help finding subsidized child care.

“The two parents in this case,” Alsobrooks said, “did the best they could.”