Rebecca Briones, 31, faces murder and child-abuse charges in the death of her 2-month-old daughter. (Montgomery County Police/Montgomery County Police)

A Maryland mother accused of shaking and throwing her 2-month-old daughter to death was ordered held without bond Friday as details of the injuries emerged in a Montgomery County case.

"The acts alleged, at least in the statement of the charges, are incredibly egregious and aggravating and abusive," District Judge John Moffett said in court.

Moments earlier, Assistant State's Attorney Debbie Feinstein had listed injuries that she alleged Rebecca Briones, 31, had inflicted on her child, Lissana Briones.

Those included, the prosecutor said, trauma to different parts of the child's brain, three fractured ribs and six broken bones in her legs, including both femurs.

"We're talking about extensive, extensive abuse that caused these injuries," Feinstein said.

Feinstein alleged that Briones abused her child in separate incidents and that when detectives interviewed her, she demonstrated how forcefully she had shaken the girl and banged her head against a mattress.

"Babies don't break in this way unless significant forces are exerted upon them," Feinstein said.

In court Friday, prosecutors said Briones is seven months pregnant. "The state has serious concerns about the health of that child and what bodes for that family going forward," Feinstein said.

Lissana died in February, prompting a lengthy investigation that led to the arrest of Briones this week. She was charged with second-degree murder and first-degree child abuse resulting in death.

Assistant Public Defender John Lavigne did not address the specific allegations against Briones. He did argue for bond conditions that could let her leave jail pending further court hearings.

"She has absolutely no prior record," Lavigne said, adding that Briones has held jobs at car dealerships. "I don't think she's a threat to the public in general."

Briones's family members could not be reached for comment.

Ten months ago, at 5:15 p.m. Feb. 18, Briones and her husband picked their daughter up from a caregiver, court files state.

"Both parents agreed the victim was in good health at that time," Detective Randy Kucsan wrote in court papers.

The family made two stops before arriving at their home on North Adams Street in Rockville about 6:30 p.m.

Briones put the baby down to sleep while her husband tended to other matters, police said. A short time later, after the husband went to check on the girl and found her unresponsive, Briones called 911, according to the court filings.

After police and paramedics arrived, the child was taken to a hospital in Rockville and then airlifted to MedStar Georgetown University Hospital in the District, where she died three days later.

Autopsy results were finalized Sept. 25, with the manner of death ruled a homicide.

On Monday, detectives interviewed Rebecca Briones at the department's headquarters, and she was arrested two days later.

"Whatever justice she receives won't bring that baby back," said Capt. Paul Starks, a Montgomery Police spokesman.