Prince George’s County police have released the recording of a 911 call about a 500-pound man who authorities said may have died of a PCP overdose in Cheltenham, Md.
Police were called to the man’s house in the 10000 block of Westwood Drive about 10:25 p.m. Wednesday.
The mother and the uncle of the 41-year-old man, who has not been identified, separately called 911 asking for help, police said. On the mother’s 911 call, which was released Friday night, the man could be heard in the background, screaming and pounding things in another room.
“He’s acting all crazy,” she said.
The man’s mother told the operator that her son had just arrived at the house and had been smoking PCP before he got there. When she was asked for a description, she said her son was a “big boy.”
The dispatcher advised the man’s mother to stay away from her son for her own safety until police and paramedics arrived.
Authorities said the man was found naked, upstairs in the house. Six officers used two sets of handcuffs and placed the man on a comforter and carried him downstairs, where they then put him on a stretcher.
Once the man was in the ambulance, paramedics were unable to find a pulse. The paramedics attempted to resuscitate the man, but he was pronounced dead at a hospital.
Calls to the man’s mother for comment were not returned.