The man accused of killing three people and shooting three others in a spree this month that started at his workplace in Maryland and ended in his home state of Delaware will not appear in court Tuesday as scheduled, after he was indicted on additional charges.

A New Castle County grand jury returned an indictment against alleged shooter Radee Labeeb Prince, 37, Monday morning with eight counts including attempted first-degree murder, six weapons-related charges and a charge of resisting arrest.

A new court appearance for Prince has not yet been set, Delaware Department of Justice spokesman Carl Kanefsky wrote in an email.

Last week, officials announced their decision to first prosecute Prince in Delaware because, they said, that state does not have parole in criminal cases, while Maryland does. In Delaware, Prince faces a maximum prison term of life without parole, officials said in the statement.

"Prince will ultimately face trials in both states," according to a joint statement from the Delaware Department of Justice and the State's Attorney's Office in Harford County, Md.

Radee Labeeb Prince (Courtesy of Maryland State Police/Courtesy of Maryland State Police)

Harford County Sheriff Jeffrey R. Gahler has said that surveillance video showed Prince, shortly before 9 a.m. on Oct. 18, with co-workers at Advanced Granite Solutions, in a business park in Edgewood, Md. Prince had the employees gather around him and, as they got closer, pulled out a handgun and fired, according to a description from Gahler.

After the shooting in Maryland, authorities allege Prince drove to a used-car dealership in Wilmington, Del., where he shot an acquaintance in the head and body.

In Maryland, Prince is charged with three counts of first-degree murder and two counts of attempted murder. If convicted, he would face the possibility of multiple life sentences.

John Edinger, the public defender representing Prince, said, "he's a citizen that's presumed innocent. Until the state can formally present its case before a jury, no one should be jumping to conclusions at this point."

On the day of the shootings, law enforcement officials searched for Prince and his photo appeared on websites and TV stations as the suspect. The manhunt eventually ended when tipsters reported his vehicle in a Newark, Del., neighborhood about 20 miles southwest of Wilmington, Del.

Prince was arrested by federal agents after a foot chase during which Prince tossed away a .380-caliber handgun, authorities said.