1. Clutter blocking windows, doors, rooms and hallways.
2. A home so filled with items that it is hard to use the kitchen or bathroom.
3. Insect and rodent infestation as a result of clutter.
4. Rotting food and animal or human waste.
5. Damage to walls, ceilings, floors and stairwells.
6. Porches, back yards, basements or vehicles stuffed with objects.
7. Embarrassment about showing the inside of one’s home.
8. Consistently drawn shades or curtains to hide the inside of a home.
— Compiled by Josh White