Eleven people have now been confirmed dead after a condominium building collapsed last week in Surfside, Fla., said Miami-Dade County Mayor Daniella Levine Cava on Monday evening. First responders discovered two more bodies during the day’s search efforts, she said.

There are still 150 people unaccounted for, but Levine Cava stressed that the numbers “are very fluid” and will change as the recovery mission progresses.

“Right now, our top priority is search and rescue and find the people,” Levine Cava said.

Late Monday, Miami-Dade police released the names of three more victims — the only ones who had not previously been identified: Marcus Joseph Guara, 52; Frank Kleiman, 55; Michael David Altman, 50.

Here are some significant developments

  • President Biden believes there must be an investigation into the collapse, White House press secretary Jen Psaki said. Biden spoke with the Federal Emergency Management Agency administrator and said what he heard was “excruciating.”
  • Nearly 370 first responders are assisting the search in what officials say is the state’s largest non-hurricane rescue mission.
  • One of the rescue workers fell 25 feet from a pile of debris, an illustration of how treacherous conditions remain on the site. The firefighter declined medical help and continued working, an official said.
  • Town officials brought on a new engineer to investigate the cause of the disaster.
  • What you need to know about the condo collapse.