• Actions by his office to hire EPA employees using authority granted under the Safe Drinking Water Act and then to immediately award them substantial pay raises.
•An April 2017 meeting with the National Mining Association’s executive committee on the Paris climate accord that may have violated anti-lobbying laws.
By the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
• Work travels domestically and abroad.
• A 2017 condo rental from a Washington lobbyist.
• Arrangements surrounding his security detail.
By the White House
• Allegations stemming from Pruitt’s overall ethics and management decisions (review by White House staff).
• Pruitt’s installation of a nearly $43,000 soundproof phone booth in his office (review by the Office of Management and Budget).
By the Government Accountability Office
• A nearly $43,000 soundproof phone booth. (The GAO has found that expenditures on the booth violated federal spending laws.)
• Dismissal of scientists from EPA advisory boards.
• An appearance in a National Cattlemen’s Beef Association video in which he discussed his opposition to the “Waters of the United States” rule.
— The Washington Post