New Hampshire
Man kills son, self at supervised visitation

A New Hampshire man used a handgun to fatally shoot his 9-year-old son before killing himself during supervised visitation at a YWCA office in the state’s largest city, officials said Sunday.

An adult supervisor was present when Muni Savyon, 54, of Manchester produced a handgun and shot Joshua Savyon of Amherst before shooting himself, the attorney general’s office said.

The YWCA is open Sundays for supervised child visitation and custody exchanges. Krinsky said the man and the boy’s mother shared custody of the boy after parting ways years ago. The couple’s marital status wasn’t clear.

— Associated Press

Rhode Island
Kidnapped boy found safe; two arrested

A 2-year-old boy kidnapped from a Rhode Island home where police made an early morning discovery of two bodies was found Sunday night wandering around a housing project in Providence, police said. He was unharmed.

The search for the boy, Isaiah Perez, began after the two bodies were discovered about 5:20 a.m. at a home in Johnston, a town of 30,000 residents less than 10 miles from Providence.

Malcolm Crowell, 22, was arrested in Fall River, Mass., and Daniel Rodriguez, 27 or 28, was arrested in Providence, Johnston Deputy Police Chief Daniel Parrillo said. Both suspects are from Providence, but Parrillo would not say why police suspect them or how they are related to each other or to the victims.

— Associated Press

Judge changes boy’s name from Messiah: A judge in Tennessee changed a 7-month-old boy’s name to Martin from Messiah, saying the religious name was earned by one person and “that one person is Jesus Christ.” Child Support Magistrate Lu Ann Ballew ordered the name change last week, according to WBIR-TV. The boy’s parents were in court because they could not agree on the child’s last name, but when the judge heard the boy’s first name, she ordered it changed. The boy’s mother, Jaleesa Martin of Newport, said she will appeal.

— Associated Press