We who will be tuning into “The Americans” tonight (okay, or more realistically, watching it off our DVRs over the next seven days) can dig the vodka out of the freezer in celebration: John Landgraf, the president of FX, said today that he is preparing to renew the show for a third season.
• Have a new “Girl Talk” album!
• The best moments of the Ultimate Warrior’s career.
• Linda Holmes on the power of silence in an increasingly noisy movie world.
• How the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention would actually respond in a pandemic.
• What happens to all of the minor “Mad Men” characters after the series ends?
• Why does culture persistently paint Southerners as stupid?
• A geological history of Westeros and Essos.
• James Brown meets “Game of Thrones”: