It is true that there is really no off-season for television anymore. AMC’s “Halt and Catch Fire” has just started out, FX will launch “Tyrant,” a look inside a dictatorial government, and HBO is gearing us up for “The Leftovers.” Maybe, like a normal human, you have not yet finished the second season of “Orange Is The New Black.”
But when “Game of Thrones” departs our screens, I always feel a sigh of relief that I can start playing catch up on some shows that I fell behind during the season and return to some that I never saw in the first place. My summer catch-up is going to be Showtime’s “Penny Dreadful” and my continuing quest to not cry constantly while watching “Friday Night Lights.” What is on your agenda?
• Willa Paskin on the legend of Louis C.K.
• Tracy Morgan is recovering from a serious car crash.
• Roald Dahl and Philip Pullman’s editor has passed away at 83.
• How social media superstars are cashing in.
• Kathryn Bigelow might make a Bowe Bergdahl movie.
• Malia Obama is apparently giving the television industry a go.
• Rock on, anonymous dude Time Warner shareholder who pressed the company on its employment of women and its representation of them on-screen.
• How science museums are falling down on the job of educating visitors about climate change.
• My awesome colleagues made this video analyzing my favorite scene from the “Game of Thrones” finale: