Those of you who have been reading the blog for a long time might remember that I have held meetups here and in other cities. I am working with the lovely folks at The Post’s engagement team to set up a get-together in D.C. But we need your help. Please go to this Doodle to tells us which of the three days in September we have picked works best for you. And, in comments, please help me with two things: Which setting would you prefer? And which Metro lines would it help you to be near?
• Molly Lambert on the persistence of the pornographic aesthetic.
• In which Lindy West live-blogs “The Lion King” on the occasion of its twentieth anniversary.
• If these are Hollywood’s favorite films, I have some questions about Hollywood’s taste in its own products.
• This article raises a very good question.
• How television handles the suicide of a regular.
• Tom Perrotta talks about the power of the ordinary and “The Leftovers,” an adaptation of which debuts on HBO this weekend.
• Chicago gets the honor of housing George Lucas’ planned museum.
• Could the video game industry see a wave of unionization?
• Want to dress like Olivia Pope? The Limited will help you with that.