Without a “Twilight” saga to sweep the MTV Movie Awards, there was a Robert Pattinson/Kristen Stewart-sized hole of awkwardness to fill at this year’s ceremony. Rebel Wilson did her best to bring the nervous laughter, but in the end there were five moments vying for most awkward at Sunday’s show.
1. Aubrey Plaza upstages Will Ferrell’s three-piece money suit during his Comedic Genius acceptance speech. She crashes the stage a la Kanye, attempts to pry the golden popcorn trophy out of his hands and fails, but not before giving the camera time to focus in on “#thetodolist” scribbled across her chest. Should we be concerned about Plaza’s mental state or is she campaigning to be 2014’s Comedic Genius?
2. Selena Gomez’s gives a Bollywood-meets-Pocahontas themed performance of “Come & Get It.” As if the dancing and costumes weren’t eyebrow-raising enough, she attempts to prove that she’s not lip-syncing, making us wonder if maybe she should have.
3. Snoop Lion (the artist formerly known as Snoop Dogg) and Ke$ha puff and pass as they introduce Macklemore & Ryan Lewis. Really, Snoop Lion?
4. Rebel Wilson tries to get Zac Efron to make out with her during her acceptance speech for Breakout Performance. Zac’s response: “I can’t hear a word you’re saying.” Smooth, Zac.
5. Jamie Foxx tells the world that his daughter is single. Oh, and he still lives with his parents.