“Blurred Lines,” Robin Thicke’s album whose title track has become the song of the summer, drops today. But Thicke hasn’t simply appeared out of nowhere; “Blurred Lines” is the pinnacle of his decade-long career. Here are five facts about Robin Thicke:
5. He once had long hair and simply went by Thicke when he released his single ‘When I Get You Alone” off the album “A Beautiful World.”
4. “Blurred Lines” is his sixth album, following “Love After War,” “Sex Therapy,” “A Beautiful World.” “The Evolution of Robin Thicke” and “Something Else.” In addition to singing, Thicke has co-written songs for Brandy, Mya, Jordan Knight (NKOTB!), Christina Aguilera and Michael Jackson. Michael Jackson was only able to record a demo of “Fall Again.”
3. Robin Thicke continued to evolve, practiced his falsetto and worked with Pharrell on “I Wanna Love U Girl.” (Which was named 15th best song of 2006 by Chris Richards.) But “Lost With U” was the breakout hit from “The Evolution of Robin Thicke.”
2. He met his wife actress Paula Patton – who plays his love interest in the “Lost Without U” video – at a teen nightclub in high school. They have a 3-year-old son, Julian.
1. Musical talent runs in the Thicke family. His dad is Alan Thicke — you know, the dad from “Growing Pains” — who also happened to write the theme songs for “The Wheel of Fortune,” “The Facts of Life” and “Diff’rent Strokes.”
And because it’s probably been five minutes since you last heard “Blurred Lines”: