Justin Bieber is at it again: According to Miami Beach Police, the 19-year-old singer was arrested in Florida this morning for drag-racing and DUI. As if that weren’t absurd enough, the Miami Herald reports Biebs was driving a rented Lamborghini, that he was totally “incoherent” when he stepped out of the car, and that he doesn’t have a valid license.
— Miami Beach Police (@MiamiBeachPD) January 23, 2014
In case you’ve forgotten — or, let’s face it, weren’t paying any attention in the first place — Bieber has made news for the wrong reasons not once, not twice, but 13 times in the past year. In fact, his problems with both the law and his neighbors far predate this current Lindsay Lohan moment. To wit:
1. March 26: One of Bieber’s neighbors in Calabasas, Calif., accused the singer of assaulting and threatening him after the two got into an argument.
2. March 28: German customs officials confiscated Bieber’s pet monkey, Mally, when he failed to produce the paperwork to bring it into the country. They later billed him several thousand dollars for the monkey’s care at a German zoo.
3. April 12: Bieber visited the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam and casually wrote in the site’s official guest book that he hoped Frank “would have been a belieber” — had she not, you know, died in a concentration camp.
4. April 25: Swedish police raided Bieber’s tour bus in Stockholm, finding marijuana and a stun gun.
5. May 7: Bieber and Usher were sued for $10 million by a pair of R&B musicians who claimed they wrote “Somebody to Love,” but were never paid or credited for it.
6. June 27: The Biebs was sued by a paparazzo who claimed the singer kicked and punched him at a mall in 2012.
7. July 10: TMZ published a video that appeared to show a very classy Bieber urinating in a mop bucket in a nightclub kitchen while also insulting Bill Clinton.
8. Nov. 7: Brazilian police charged Bieber with defacing a building in Rio de Janeiro.
9. Also on Nov. 7: A young Brazilian woman uploaded a video of Bieber sleeping to YouTube, which quickly went viral.
10. Nov. 14: Bieber apologized to Argentinian fans for using their national flag to wipe down the stage after a concert in Buenos Aires.
11. Jan. 14: Bieber was detained in his Calabasas home while police investigated him in connection to a “felony egging incident.” A felony egging incident, for the record, is when you egg your neighbor’s house and cause $20,000 of damage.
12. Also on Jan. 14: During their search of Bieber’s house, police stumbled upon what they believe to be ecstasy, “molly” or cocaine. One of Bieber’s house guests, 20-year-old Lil Za, was arrested for possession; he then allegedly broke a phone in jail, prompting another charge for vandalism.
13. Jan. 23: Miami police arrest Bieber for drag-racing and DUI. That capped off a week in which Bieber allegedly spent thousands of dollars at a local strip club.
Get it together, Biebs. This teen-idol shenanigans was amusing for a while, but now it’s officially getting dangerous.
Update: This post has been updated to reflect Bieber’s latest scandal.