Kim Kardashian and Kanye West got married Saturday. Don’t worry, we’ll get it out of the way for some people: WHO CARES?
Well, considering it was an international multimillion-dollar event starring two of the biggest names in pop culture (according to Vogue, the #worldsmosttalkedaboutcouple), we’ll be the ones to break the news: A lot of people care. They care for gawking purposes; to see how really rich reality stars and rappers live; and because if music sales and TV ratings are any indication, West and the Kardashians have a ton of fans.
In any case, we’ll break down the three things anyone wants to know from any wedding. The dress. The overall spectacle (including some classic wedding photo booth pictures below). And, of course, the drama.
Sorry, no official photo yet. There’s this one making its way around the Internet, but we’re going to have to wait for a real shot until the Kardashians decide to either a) sell it to a tabloid b) post it themselves c) the far more logical option, make a big splash during an upcoming episode of E!’s “Keeping Up With the Kardashians.”
FIRST PICTURES: Kim Kardashian Wedding Dress !!! pic.twitter.com/IfJSDdhc3F
— KhloeKFans.com (@khloefandotcom) May 24, 2014
According to People magazine, Kardashian wore “a custom Givenchy Haute Couture by Riccardo Tisci long-sleeve, sheer-paneled lace creation with a floor-length veil.” Tisci and Kardashian are good friends, and he reportedly made a matching dress for the couple’s 11-month-old daughter, North West.
There’s also this photo floating around Instagram of Kardashian’s rehearsal dinner look in Paris on Friday, before they flew their guests to Florence, Italy, to the wedding at the 16-century Forte di Belvedere on Saturday.
— The Hollywood Gossip (@THGossip) May 25, 2014
E! Online (which we like to think of the Kardashian family newsletter) posted all the minutiae of the nuptials, as did several guests, and multiple tabloids with correspondents on the scene. Among the highlights, starting with Kanye’s pal Tony Williams sharing a snap from the photo booth:
* The rehearsal dinner at the Palace of Versailles in a suburb of Paris, via E!, was a spectacle in itself: “A full orchestra entertained the crowd as guides dressed in 18th century costumes took all the guests on tours and horse and carriage rides.”
* So many musical guests: As rumored, Lana del Ray did a rehearsal dinner performance at the Palace of Versailles and sang three songs for the pair, including “Summertime Sadness.” During the actual wedding, the couple’s good friend John Legend performed “All of Me” (and gave a toast) while Italian singer Andrea Bocelli offered a serenade.
* The reception was an epic dance party. The first dance? We’ll let Us Weekly explain: It was a “wild, Kanye-style mashup of Etta James’ ‘At Last’ and Otis Redding’s ‘These Arms of Mine’ and ‘Tenderness’ that segued into West rapping for the crowd.”
* Other guests shared their favorite photo booth shots (Jaden Smith, what are you doing there?):
* Here’s the wedding venue in Florence, Forte di Belvedere:
* There were fireworks shows during the rehearsal dinner and wedding, and some guests reportedly burst into tears because it was so amazing.
* This was the view from Florence near the venue (via Kim’s good friend Loren Ridinger):
The No. 1 cause of concern among the tabloids is that Kim’s brother, Rob, skipped the wedding. TMZ photographed Rob arriving at LAX after catching a late-night flight from Florence to Los Angeles on Friday, clearly missing the festivities. Of course, rumors are flying about the reasons he didn’t stay for his sister’s big day, which TMZ calls “some major family drama.”
Another no-show? Jay Z and Beyoncé. British papers had excitedly confirmed that the couple would not only attend but that Jay Z was Kanye’s best man and that they would probably perform if Kanye and Kim paid them $2 million. Right — according to various reports, the A-listers were in the Hamptons this weekend. Though Beyoncé offered congratulations via an Instagram photo: “Wishing you a lifetime of unconditional love. God bless your beautiful family.”