In a New York Times article published Thursday, five women accused the famed comedian of sexual misconduct, including instances where he allegedly masturbated — or asked to masturbate — in front of them.
On Friday, C.K. released a statement that said, in part, “These stories are true.”
Hours before the article published, the New York premiere for Louis C.K.’s new film “I Love You, Daddy” was abruptly canceled, along with a planned appearance on “The Late Show With Stephen Colbert.”
HBO canceled C.K.’s appearance on the upcoming special “Night of Too Many Stars: America Unites for Autism Programs” and said it would remove the comedian’s past projects from its on-demand services. FX Networks, home to C.K.’s critically-acclaimed series “Louie” and other projects involving the comedian, also released a statement, saying the company is “very troubled by the allegations against Louis C.K.”
On Friday, the distributor for “I Love You, Daddy” said it will not move forward with the release of the film. Netflix has scrapped a stand-up special, slated to follow the comedian’s “2017,” which premiered on the streaming network earlier this year.
Kater Gordon, an Emmy-winning former writer for AMC’s “Mad Men,” reportedly accused the show’s creator of sexual harassment in a story published by The Information. According to the site, Gordon alleges that the showrunner told her she “owed it to him to let him see her naked,” and that she was fired from “Mad Men” a year later.
Weiner’s representative said in a statement to the publication that Weiner “does not remember saying this comment nor does it reflect a comment he would say to any colleague.”
Deadline reported Wednesday that Amazon is investigating “Transparent” star Jeffrey Tambor after his former assistant Van Barnes accused the actor of sexual harassment in a private Facebook post.
Tambor denied the allegations in a statement to the entertainment site. “I am aware that a former disgruntled assistant of mine has made a private post implying that I had acted in an improper manner toward her,” he said. “I adamantly and vehemently reject and deny any and all implication and allegation that I have ever engaged in any improper behavior toward this person or any other person I have ever worked with. I am appalled and distressed by this baseless allegation.”
Jill Soloway, who created the critically-acclaimed Amazon dramedy, also issued a statement to Deadline.
“Anything that would diminish the level of respect, safety and inclusion so fundamental to our workplace is completely antithetical to our principles,” Soloway said. “We are cooperating with the investigation into this matter.”
The Los Angeles Times published a story featuring accounts by six women, including actresses Olivia Munn and Natasha Henstridge, who accuse the “Rush Hour” director of sexually harassing or assaulting them. Munn told the newspaper Ratner masturbated in front of her while she was visiting the set of his 2004 film “After the Sunset.” Munn referenced the incident in her 2010 essay collection “Suck It, Wonder Woman!: The Misadventures of a Hollywood Geek,” but did not name Ratner.
Henstridge alleges Ratner forced her to perform oral sex in an early 1990s incident.
Ratner disputed the accounts through his attorney Martin Singer, who sent a 10-page letter to the L.A. Times noting “no woman has ever made a claim against him for sexual misconduct or sexual harassment” and “no woman has ever requested or received any financial settlement from my client.”
The Hollywood Reporter published a guest column by Anna Graham Hunter, who alleges the Oscar-winning actor sexually harassed her when she was a 17-year-old intern working as a production assistant on the set of the 1985 TV film “Death of a Salesman.” Hunter said Hoffman asked her for a foot massage on her first day, and routinely offered lewd sexual exchanges.
The actor addressed the allegations in a statement to the Hollywood Reporter: “I have the utmost respect for women and feel terrible that anything I might have done could have put her in an uncomfortable situation. I am sorry. It is not reflective of who I am.”
Variety posted an interview with Wendy Riss Gatsiounis — a producer on National Geographic’s anthology series “Genius” — who alleges the actor made sexual comments and invited her to a nearby hotel during a 1991 business meeting. According to Variety, a spokesperson for Hoffman declined to comment on the allegations.
In a story posted Oct. 29, actor Anthony Rapp told BuzzFeed the veteran actor made an unwanted sexual advance toward him at a party more than 30 years ago. Rapp was just 14 at the time, while Spacey was 26. In a Twitter post, Spacey said he did not remember the alleged encounter, but apologized “if I did behave then as [Rapp] describes.” Spacey addressed rumors about his sexual orientation in the same post, saying “I choose now to live as a gay man,” which prompted backlash from many, particularly in the LGBT community. In recent days, other men have come forward with allegations against the actor, who has not yet responded to those accusations.
Following the BuzzFeed report, Netflix announced “House of Cards” would end after its forthcoming sixth season. Then the streaming company and producer Media Rights Capital said they would suspend production on the political drama “until further notice, to give us time to review the current situation and to address any concerns of our cast and crew.”
Later, Netflix completely severed ties with the actor, firing him from “House of Cards” and saying that it would no longer release a film in which Spacey starred as Gore Vidal. Sony and Ridley Scott also confirmed their plans to remove Spacey from “All the Money in the World,” a completed film that featured the actor as oil tycoon J. Paul Getty. That role will now go to Christopher Plummer.
The International Academy of Television Arts & Sciences announced it would withdraw a special Emmy Award Spacey was to receive Nov. 20. The actor’s name was also removed from an episode of “This Is Us,” in a scene that originally made a reference to “a Kevin Spacey movie.”
On Nov. 2, the New York Times posted a statement from Spacey’s publicist saying that the actor “is taking the time necessary to seek evaluation and treatment.”
Spacey was reportedly dropped by his publicist Staci Wolfe, as well as the talent agency CAA.
On Oct 22, the Los Angeles Times published an investigative report featuring the accounts of 38 women who accuse the director (who helmed films including “Two Girls and a Guy” and “The Pick-Up Artist”) of sexual harassment. After the story published, 200 more women contacted writer Glenn Whipp with allegations of harassment by Toback. Whipp said in an Oct. 26 tweet that 310 women had contacted him about the director. Toback’s accusers include Selma Blair and Rachel McAdams, who detailed their experiences with Toback in a Vanity Fair interview.
Toback denied the initial allegations, telling the newspaper he hadn’t met the women. In cases where he had, Toback said “it was for five minutes and have no recollection.” “He also repeatedly claimed that for the last 22 years it had been ‘biologically impossible’ for him to engage in the behavior described by his accusers,” Whipp wrote.
Toback later offered an expletive-laden response to the accusations in an interview with Rolling Stone. “The idea that I would offer a part to anyone for any other reason than that he or she was gonna be the best of anyone I could find is so disgusting to me,” he told the magazine.
Variety reported that Toback is under investigation by the Beverly Hills Police Department.
In a series of tweets, reality TV star Ariane Bellamar accused the former “Entourage” star of groping her on the set of the HBO dramedy.
The actor “unequivocally” denied the allegation in a statement to Deadline. “It did not happen,” he said. “It takes a great deal of courage for victims to come forward with their histories, and my hope is that the allegations about me that didn’t happen, do not detract from stories that should be heard.”
Piven is starring in the CBS drama “Wisdom of the Crowd.” In a statement to Deadline, the network said “we are aware of the media reports and are looking into the matter.” HBO also released a statement about the allegations, noting “everyone at HBO and our productions is aware that zero tolerance for sexual harassment is our policy. Anyone experiencing an unsafe working environment has several avenues for making complaints that we take very seriously.”
Piven was slated to be guest on “The Late Show With Stephen Colbert” Nov 3. But in a Nov. 2 story, the network told the Hollywood Reporter that the actor’s interview would no longer air. “Jeremy Piven’s interview for Friday’s broadcast was pretaped earlier this week on Monday, Oct. 30,” the network said in a statement to THR. “Since we were unable to address recent developments in that interview, we are replacing that segment with a new guest.”
On Thursday, People published an article in which Tiffany Bacon Scourby, an advertising executive, alleged that Piven sexually assaulted her in 2003. Piven denied the allegations, telling People, “Let me be absolutely clear, this simply did not happen. I would never force myself on a woman, ever. I cannot speak as to why a person would create a story like this.”
The actor, who has appeared in a number of Weinstein-produced films including the 1997 drama “Good Will Hunting,” wrote on Facebook he was “saddened and angry that a man who I worked with used his position of power to intimidate, sexually harass and manipulate many women over decades.”
Affleck’s statement prompted one Twitter user to recall an incident during the actor’s 2003 appearance on MTV’s “Total Request Live.” “He also grabbed Hilarie Burton’s breasts on TRL once. Everyone forgot though.” “I didn’t forget,” Burton responded, later tweeting out a link to a video clip, where in a documentary about the show, she recalls the moment Affleck “comes over and tweaks my left boob.”
“I acted inappropriately toward Ms. Burton and I sincerely apologize,” Affleck tweeted.
Isa Hackett, a producer on Amazon Studios’ “The Man in the High Castle” told the Hollywood Reporter in an Oct. 12 story that Price, then the head of Amazon Studios, repeatedly made unwanted sexual advances toward her in 2015 during a trip to San Diego’s Comic-Con International in 2015.
Price was suspended from the company amid the allegations, and resigned several days later.
(Amazon Studios is a division of Amazon.com, which was founded by Jeffery P. Bezos, the owner of The Washington Post.)
In October, animation-focused website Cartoon Brew reported as many as 12 women had accused the animator, who created Nickelodeon’s “The Loud House,” of unwanted sexual advances and other forms of harassment.
After several accusers detailed their experiences, Savino was suspended from the Viacom-owned cable network. Two days later, Nickelodeon said in a statement to the Hollywood Reporter Savino had been fired. “We take allegations of misconduct very seriously, and we are committed to fostering a safe and professional workplace environment that is free of harassment or other kinds of inappropriate conduct,” the network said.
Savino later addressed the allegations in a Facebook post that has since been taken down. “I am deeply sorry and I am ashamed,” he wrote. “Although it was never my intention, I now understand that the impact of my actions and communications created an unacceptable environment.”
According to the Hollywood Reporter, the comedian — whose outlandish antics over the years have included exposing himself in public — was fired from the independent film “Raising Buchanan” following accusations of sexual misconduct on set, including groping and “unwanted kissing/licking.”
Dick told THR he didn’t grope anyone on the film’s set, but admitted that he “might have kissed somebody on the cheek to say goodbye and then licked them. That’s my thing.”
“I don’t grope people anymore. I don’t expose myself anymore,” he added. “I do understand that the temperature in the world right now is delicate.”
On Monday, actress Kristina Cohen alleged in a detailed Facebook post that the “Gossip Girl” actor raped her three years ago at his home. The Hollywood Reporter followed up on the incident and reported, “Her sister, Catalina Colgate, and close friend, Blaise Godbe Lipman, separately corroborated that they were told of Cohen’s account three years ago, when the sexual assault was alleged to have taken place.”
Westwick responded on social media, saying “I do not know this woman. I have never forced myself in any manner, on any women. I certainly have never committed rape.”
According to THR, Cohen detailed the alleged assault in a police report, and the Los Angeles Police Department is investigating.
On Wednesday, former actress Aurélie Wynn alleged in a Facebook post that the actor raped her in 2014. Westwick responded on Twitter. “It is disheartening and sad to me that as a result of two unverified and provably untrue social media claims, there are some in this environment who could ever conclude I have had anything to do with such vile and horrific conduct,” he wrote. “I have absolutely not, and I am cooperating with the authorities so that they can clear my name as soon as possible.”
On Friday, BBC announced that it will not air an upcoming Agathie Chritie special starring Westwick. “White Gold,” a British comedy featuring Westwick, also halted production.
This post has been updated.