Today’s Daily Digit

A somewhat subjective rating of the days weather, on a scale of 1 to 10.

The cloudy, cool weather is a disappointing contrast to the glorious weekend.

Express Forecast

Today: Cloudy, slight chance of showers. Highs: 60-65.

Tonight: Showers likely. Lows: Near 50.

Tomorrow: Intermittent showers likely.  Highs: 60-65.


Radar & lightning:Latest regional radar shows movement of precipitation and lightning strikes over past two hours. Refresh page to update. Click here or on image to enlarge. Or see radar bigger on our Weather Wall.

Our streak of sunny afternoons has ended, and now we face several days of gray, damp weather.  It won’t rain all the time, but we could certainly add an inch or two of water to our gauges by mid-week. Some improvement arrives by late in the work week, but the weekend may be unsettled at times (though not a washout).

Today (Monday): It’s overcast and a bit bleak – one of those days where it’s wise to have an umbrella, but you may not need it a lot.  Rain shower chances are just 20-30 percent, with the highest odds in the afternoon.  Highs range from 60-65 with winds from the east at 5-10 mph. Confidence: Medium-High

Tonight: Showers are likely, especially after midnight.  The blanket of clouds puts a lid on temperatures, with lows mostly within a few degrees of 50.  Overnight rainfall totals are around 0.25 inch or less. Confidence: Medium-High

For related traffic news, check out Dr. Gridlock. Keep reading for the forecast through the weeked…

Tomorrow (Tuesday): As the cutoff low to our southwest churns northeastward, it should eject waves of showers through the region.  Highs are mostly in the low-to-mid 60s with winds from the northeast around 5-10 mph.  Rainfall amounts of around 0.25-0.5 inch are possible, with higher amounts to the west and southwest.  Confidence: Medium

Tomorrow night: Rain showers are likely, possibly heavy at times.  Lows range from 50-55. Confidence: Medium


More showers are a decent possibility Wednesday (60 percent chance), but they decrease in coverage and frequency.  It’s slightly warmer, with highs 65-70. A 40 percent chance of showers Wednesday night, with lows 50-55.  Confidence: Medium

The lumbering cutoff low starts to fall apart and move off Thursday, so there’s a good chance we see at least partial sunshine and warmer temperatures.  Shower chance are slim (20 percent), with highs 70-75.  Mostly clear Thursday night with lows the upper 40s in the cooler suburbs to the mid-50s downtown. Confidence: Medium

Friday could well be the most tranquil and warmest day of the week.  Under partly to mostly sunny skies, we have a shot a reaching 80 degrees.  Increasing clouds Friday night, with a 30 percent chance of showers. Lows are in the low 50s in the cooler suburbs to near 60 downtown. Confidence: Medium

Over the weekend, a frontal system moving through the region brings back more unsettled weather.  Saturday is variably cloudy and warm with better than 50/50 odds of afternoon showers and storms.  Highs are in the 70s to near 80.  Showers are possible Saturday night with lows in the 50s.  Sunday is clearing, breezy and cooler, with highs near 70.  Confidence: Low-Medium