Radar & lightning:Latest D.C. area radar shows movement of precipitation and lightning strikes over past two hours. Refresh page to update. Click here or on image to enlarge. Or see radar bigger on our Weather Wall.

It’s becoming harder and harder to find new ways to describe the same old weather.  After today’s showery, humid conditions, the rain may take a time-out later tonight.  But tomorrow, more showers are a strong possibility and the humidity isn’t going anywhere.

Through Tonight: Scattered areas of rain/showers are likely into the middle of the evening (60 percent chance), but after around 10 p.m., we may see a reduction in coverage (40 percent chance of showers the rest of the night).  It’s mostly cloudy and humid overnight with lows 70-74 (suburbs-city).

Tomorrow (Wednesday): Mostly cloudy and humid with a 40 percent chance of showers in the morning and 60 percent chance of showers and storms in the afternoon.  The most likely time for any heavier downpours would be in the afternoon.  Like the last several days, dry intervals are likely, with even some brief sunshine, elevating temperatures into the low 80s.  Winds are from the south at around 10 mph.

See Matt Rogers’ forecast through the weekend. And if you haven’t already, join us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter . For related traffic news, check out Dr. Gridlock.

Nationals Park, June 26 (Brian Allen via Flickr)