Clouds: Latest mid-Atlantic infrared satellite shows movement of clouds over past two hours. Refresh page to update. See more maps on our Weather Wall.

Behind yesterday’s fall front, temperatures returned to normal today and the sky treated us to a mix of clouds and sun.  But a coastal storm is developing, and clouds are already increasing from the east.  By tomorrow afternoon, we’re blanketed by clouds and rain chances start to grow.

Through Tonight: Mostly cloudy and seasonably cool.  Lows range from the upper 40s in the cooler suburbs to the low-to-mid 50s downtown.  Lights winds from the north.

Tomorrow (Wednesday): Overcast skies with increasing winds from the northeast (10-15 mph in the afternoon, gusting to 20 mph or so at times) as the coastal storm inches closer.  By early to mid-afternoon, we have a 20-40 percent chance (highest southeast, lowest northwest) of rain, increasing to a 40-60 percent chance (highest southeast, lowest northwest) by around 5 p.m.  Highs are cool, from 60-65.

See Matt Rogers’ forecast through the weekend. And if you haven’t already, join us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter . For related traffic news, check out Dr. Gridlock.

Monday’s sunset view from Middletown, Md. (Annie Walters via Facebook)