Today’s Daily Digit

A somewhat subjective rating of the days weather, on a scale of 1 to 10.

I kinda like the cool temperatures and slackened rain. But still pretty wet and raw, at least at times.

Express Forecast

Today: Periodic rain, showers, drizzle. Highs: Upper 50s to low 60s.

Tonight: Bands of showers and drizzle. Lows: Mid-to-upper 50s.

Tomorrow: Drizzle and showers, especially a.m. Highs: Around 60 to mid-60s.

Sunday: Still mostly cloudy. Showers/drizzle taper? Highs: 60s.


Our stuck-on-repeat weather is going to keep us wet, cloudy, and cool. Possibly through the entire weekend until Monday? We do need the rain, so that is the good news. Yet our moods may start to feel a bit down from this unbroken cycle of grayness!

Radar & lightning: Latest regional radar shows movement of precipitation and lightning strikes over past two hours. Refresh page to update. Click here or on image to enlarge. Or see radar bigger on our Weather Wall.

Today (Friday): Bands of showers and periodic rain (80% chance) still rove through the region. Drizzle can maybe be considered “breaks” for us. Another quarter of an inch or so of rain is a good average area-wide, but some spots could see more. Cool high temperatures in the upper 50s to low 60s look probable. A chilly breeze around 10 mph may come from a northerly direction at times. Fun fact: today marks the last day of the season that D.C. has a record high in the 90s. Ah, what a difference a stalled storm makes. Confidence: Medium-High

Tonight: While rain is still likely (55-65% chance) at times, the showers could slowly diminish into all drizzle. Woot! Hey, so far it feels like something different but not sure how much longer I want it around. Temperatures before sunrise manage to slowly bottom out in the mid-to-upper 50s. Light north breezes may continue. Confidence: Medium-High

For related traffic news, check out Dr. Gridlock. Keep reading for the forecast through the weekend…

Tomorrow (Saturday): We remain mostly cloudy at best, with drizzle perhaps again being our feature of the day. It is also our last day this year where the average high is above 70. So, to affirm, we very likely will not make it to the average high. Showers and drizzle really sock us in, especially in the morning (60% chance, 40% by afternoon), keeping our high temperatures around 60 — some isolated mid-60s possible. Light northerly breezes continue to keep it feeling autumnal out there. Confidence: Medium

Tomorrow night: Skies remain overcast and, you guessed it, drizzle chances remain with a few showers mixed in (50% chance) for good measure. A light northeasterly breeze adds to the bite of mid-to-upper 50s for low temperatures. Confidence: Medium

Sunday: “Sun”day doesn’t live up to its billing this time, as we probably remain mostly cloudy. A few showers (40% chance) are still possible. High temperatures make the 60s but only shoot toward upper 60s if you somehow see prolonged peeks of sunshine. Confidence: Medium


Sunday night: Lows are mostly mid-50s as clouds hang tough, for the most part. Patchy fog and drizzle cannot be fully ruled out though it appears we’re drier than we’ve been of late. Confidence: Medium

Monday (Columbus Day) may show us some rays of sunshine to combat our recently accelerated Seasonal Affective Disorder. Look for probable breaks in the clouds as high pressure attempts to move into our region. Clouds should mostly move south and east of us, finally! Assuming partial sunshine, high temperatures in the upper 60s to around 70 are possible. Ahhh… the good old days. Confidence: Low-Medium

Tuesday has more sunshine, potentially. But I cannot promise fully clear skies just yet. Temperatures are on a trend upward, perhaps around 70 to lower 70s. Enjoy. You rain lovers have had enough, for now! Confidence: Low