The MLK holiday was beautiful as temperatures soared into the upper 50s. But following a stunning sunset on the eve of the MLK holiday, marked by a cold front’s passage, temperatures tumbled. Then the snow came. Then temperatures tumbled more.
Each part of this weather journey offered beautiful visuals, documented by our readers. I share my top 15 favorite here…
1. MLK holiday sunrise at the Beach
2. MLK holiday sunrise and moonset at the MLK Jr. Memorial
3. MLK holiday sunset at the MLK Jr. Memorial
4. MLK holiday sunset over D.C.
5. MLK holiday moonrise over D.C.
6. Snow in D.C. – Independence Avenue
7. Snow in D.C. – The Mall
8. Snow in D.C. – Memorial Bridge
9. Snow in D.C. – Air Force Memorial
10. Snow and sun – Patapsco River
11. The Potomac River freezing over
12. Fun with bubbles (1)
13. Fun with bubbles (2)
14. Beautiful Blue Ridge sunset
— KPJ in DCA (@KPJDCA) January 23, 2014
15. A snowy owl finds a home in downtown D.C.